Author Topic: April 22-26 The 23rd National Corvette Convention Melbourne  (Read 9754 times)

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Four Barrel
    • Your IT Help
  • Mood: On the bright side
April 22-26 The 23rd National Corvette Convention Melbourne
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »
Corvettes Rev'n Easter 2011

We invite you to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to attend the 23rd National Corvette Convention over Easter 2011. The 2011 Convention provides the unique opportunity to attend either a 4 or a 5 day action packed event, as the 2011 Anzac Day public holiday falls on the Tuesday directly following Easter. Events will span from Friday 22nd April to Tuesday 26th April 2011 to give you the biggest ever National Corvette Convention fix!

[img=700x243]http://www.corvettesofmelbourne.com/convention/2011NCCLogo.jpg[/img]

For all the information on this event please visit:
http://www.corvettesofmelbourne.com/convention/

On behalf of Bob Lynn.
Chuck Norris is so tough that he can sneeze with his eyes open!

Offline yellow fever 454

• Two Barrel
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »

As some of you are aware Corvettes of Melbourne are hosting the National Convention next year, so to any of you that has not been to one yet these are a great experience if you are truly into your Corvette. It is a fantastic time to meet up with like minded people from all over Australia and make new friends and to talk a lot of BS. about Corvettes, also it is a time to enjoy your Corvette for what it was built for. It is also an opportunity to make a holiday to and enjoy our wonderful country.
So if you have not sent your entry in yet do it ASAP so as it helps them with bookings for venues and any other activities.I can guarantee you will enjoy yourself as I have been attending the Conventions for the last 18 years and have made many lasting friendships from all over the country. Cheers  Bob.
:ado:

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
Bloody hell - my car won't be ready by then!!!

I may have to make the trip though and check out some of the other nice rides around.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:33:17 AM »

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
I've paid entry, but not the hotel yet!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:44:57 AM »
:soap:

This update just in from President Darren of Corvettes of Melbourne.                                                Have you registered yet??:hammer:

Hi Corvette Club,
Can I please ask that you forward this update regarding the 2011 National Corvette Convention on to all your members ASAP.  

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

Dear Vetters,
There is UNDER TWO WEEKS TO GO to get your Convention entry form in!  It seems like it was over a year ago that we started the count down to the convention, but there is now just under two weeks to go until the late entry fee cut off.  This means if you are coming and enter AFTER the 1st March, you will incur a $60 late entry fee and we cannot guarantee you will receive your convention entrant shirt in your show bag.  So get in now and avoid this fee and be guaranteed of a convention shirt...

So if you are planning on coming, get your entry form in immediately and join the 100 plus entries who have already entered early to what is going to be a sensational event.  This is great value for a 4 day function (and optional 5th day) including your meals, entertainment, functions, events, show bag, shirt etc, so what are you waiting for - GET YOUR ENTRY FORM IN NOW!

Ok, now on to SOME HUGE NEWS!  Last Sunday (13th Feb), the Corvettes of Melbourne club attended the "Picnic at Hanging Rock" car show, which is one of the biggest car shows in Victoria with around 3000 cars on display and many thousands of spectators.  Thanks to the Macedon Ranges & District Car Club, we were kindly allowed to take over the stage for a few minutes and inform all attendees about the upcoming convention at Easter AND we were also able perform the Early Bird Draw!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the JAMES PIERCE and KATE DELANEY are the lucky winners of the EARLY BIRD DRAW!  This entitles them both to free entry and 3 nights free accomodation, making it an even more special weekend for them!  If you want to watch the draw, check out the video on YouTube at  For all of those who missed out on the early bird draw prize, don't be disheartened, remember ALL ENTRANTS go into the Entrants Drawer where you could WIN a $2,000 VISA DEBIT CARD to spend any way you want and much, much more!

So don't forget, less than two weeks before the late entry fee kicks in, so if you havn't entered already, GET YOUR ENTRY FORM IN NOW!

Keep an eye out for our next update, as it is now just on two months until the big event....

2011 National Corvette Convention committee
Corvettes Rev'n Easter 2011

http://www.corvettesofmelbourne.com/convention
Email: dpelacchi@yahoo.com
Phone: 0405 006 007

Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »
I have booked accom. also now!

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »

**Please note**

The return home accommodation at Bateman’s Bay has changed.

Edited 04/04/11

Everybody nearly ready to go?  

Your Vettes should be finely tuned and itching to go.  Your bags, or in the case of a pre 78 C3 T/Top your bag (singular) :lol: sorted and ready for packing.  If none of this is done then it's time to get your act together. :grin:

The convoy - Leaving Uncle Leo's Truck Stop, Hume Hwy Crossroads on Thursday 21st at 10am for 10.30 departure.

We will be stopping for short breaks and an overnight stay at The Siesta Resort, 416-422 Wagga Rd, (Hume Hwy) Albury 02 60254371, where we are meeting up with ACT Corvette Club. We will be arriving in Melbourne in time for registration on Friday 22nd.

Our return trip - Leaving on Monday morning driving along the coast road for a nice change of scenery and having an overnight stay in Bateman’s Bay at
The Mariners on The Waterfront 31 Orient Street (02) 4472 6222
 - Return to Sydney from B/B at your own leisure.

Please Note: You will have to make your own reservation at the Siesta Motel in Albury & at The Mariners on The Waterfront in Batemans Bay

Web:   www.siesta.com.au

For more information on this road trip Contact – Gary 0414 628 301
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »
Hi All,
This message just in from Corvettes of Melbourne.:drag::drag:

2011 NATIONAL CORVETTE CONVENTION   -   IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!!!

With just under 3 weeks to go, this event in shaping up to be a sensational Corvette Convention.  The committee is working hard to put on the final touches and the fever is starting to grow!

We now have OVER 150 ENTRANTS from all over Australia and including a couple from New Zealand!  

We would like to make some special announcements and changes for people wishing to put in last minute registrations:
- We are WAIVING THE LATE ENTRANT FEE for all entrants (BUT please note that the cut off for convention shirts has passed, so any spare shirts will be distributed at the event in order that entries were received after the cut off, so you may miss out on a convention shirt, but you will get to be a part of this sensational event)
- We will continue to accept late entries up until Friday 15th April (entries must arrive in the mail by Friday 15th April COB).  We need to have a fixed cut off to allow for catering to be confirmed for each function.  
- If you don't enter, you will be missing out on the best Corvette event of the year and if your a local remember, this only comes to Melbourne once every 6 years!

We have Corvette race cars, Corvette doorslammers, Corvette drag cars, ZR1's (new and old), Callaways, all sorts of great Corvettes, so come along and be a part of this huge special event.  

Entry forms can be downloaded from http://www.corvettesofmelbourne.com/convention/2011NCC_Entry_Form_v6.pdf
And further information or a full brochure can be downloaded from http://www.CorvettesOfMelbourne.com/convention
Got questions, call Darren on 0405 006 007 or Joe on 0418 478 814

Now for some stats and info...
For those entered already, your welcome packs are going in the mail this weekend, so keep an eye on your letterbox early next week for all the updated goss.
Regarding entries, we have the following spread for different states:  VIC 78 (51%),  NSW 24 (16%),  QLD 21 (14%),  WA 12 (8%),  SA 11 (7%),  NZ 4 (3%),  ACT 2 (1%)
61% are being judged on the Saturday,  72% are doing Calder Park on the Sunday,  28% are doing the Sunday alternate Scenic Cruise,  50% are staying on and doing the Monday Yarra Valley cruise

So, if you havn't entered yet - don't miss out - get your entry form in now!  Remember entries will cut off on Friday 15th April - that's less than 2 weeks away!

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »
:drag: Just bumping this one up folks. Entries will still be accepted until Friday 15th.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »
Safe driving everyone and bring back lots of pics.
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »

Some of our NSW Reps for the 2011  Convention :shake:

Are you sure about the directions  Gary?

Sue is all systems go! Lets Party

VETTES at their favourite meeting point

Show'n Shine at Docklands

Calder Park Raceway

Welcome to Melbourne / Nimbin!!!!

Believe me it was that big

Congrats to all the entrants that attended this years event, well done guys and gals, more pictures will be in this months  club magazine

:ado:

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
couple more shots....