Author Topic: CORVETTE LIGHTS AND PAKERS WHAT DO I NEED TO DO  (Read 3714 times)

Offline itsmint

CORVETTE LIGHTS AND PAKERS WHAT DO I NEED TO DO
« on: September 04, 2010, 08:51:19 PM »
HELLO ALL, Yes Im new here, Ive just imported a 81 vette, I can register it here in WA LH drive. I have rewired the back end indicators, brakes and reverse lights, My problem is what do I need to do about the front lights? I know I have to replace the outers so they dip correctly, but what about the parkers, do i need to do something here?? any advice appreciated cheers:huh:

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure how the wiring is on an 81's side lights, but I know on the 70's vettes you have to pull the plug on the side markers, or rewire them as indicators (which is what I'll be attempting on my 1970) as they are turned on all the time when the headlights are on. On my 1976 they were not connected at all.

As far as the headlights, You just have to adjust them so they face left instead of right.

Offline itsmint

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
Thanks, so if I rewire the amber side lites to work purley as indicators, what should I do with the clear side lites? I asume make them illunimate with the parkers? As for the forward facing indicators, should these be wired as indicators only? As if they are, then there is no fwd facing parker lights, perhaps maybe one of the members that have had the full blown RH drive conversion done may wish to comment on the configurations for me please. thanks jas

:mmm: