Author Topic: 1969 Opel Aero GT is rarer than you think  (Read 2503 times)

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
1969 Opel Aero GT is rarer than you think
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:42 AM »

At a General Motors media event in Germany recently, the automaker laid out several old Opels, including this particularly unique example of the GT sports coupe. While the mini-Corvette-styled GT is a rarity unto itself, the car you see here is one of only two ever built. The Aero GT was first shown at the 1969 Frankfurt Motor Show a year after the GT entered production.

The black roof is actually a removable targa top and the Aero also had an electrically retracting vertical rear window. For some reason, GM opted not to produce the Aero and only this example was mothballed for the last 40 years. The second car was apparently sold to a collector and its whereabouts are unknown.

Whilst it's not the second one they speak of, one of these rare machines was spotted here in Australia.  A few of you may remember it back in 2007 at All Gm Day.  Click Here and look at the bottom of the page.

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
1969 Opel Aero GT is rarer than you think
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »
Quote from: 72vet link=topic=7678.msg1045937248#msg1045937248
Whilst it's not the second one they speak of, one of these rare machines was spotted here in Australia.  A few of you may remember it back in 2007 at All Gm Day.  

It was at GM Display Day this year. It arrived on the back of a truck and was driven in from the car park.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!