Author Topic: Steering Wheels  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Steeler

• Four Barrel
Steering Wheels
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »
:drag:Here’s a GM question for you, is an HK GTS Monaro the same steering wheel as a 1965 Corvette, any ideas?
Thanks Terry.:beer:

Offline Gray-man

• Two Barrel
Steering Wheels
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:13:13 PM »
Not sure about a 65 Vette but I have a 74 Vette wheel and a HK Monaro one as well both are black and identicle except the Vette one has a shallower dish. Hope that helps

Offline Reklaw

• Four Barrel
Steering Wheels
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
HK steering wheels are imitation woodgrain, HT and HG are black with a stainless insert around the rim. Don't know if the dish or spoke to hub fittingsare the same as a 'Vette.
Bob Walker
Long Jetty

Offline Gray-man

• Two Barrel
Steering Wheels
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:52:33 PM »
I knew you would pick me on that one Bob not up on my K,s G,s and t,s . As I said both of mine are black with identicle stainless rings and identicle centres all holes are the same as I bet the fake woodgrain one is also just don't know why if Holden took them from the GM parts bin they went to the trouble of changing the dish, just for driving position I guess.But I can tell tou that the Holden one is worth about four times what the Vette one is at least in Australia the brown one I had I sold two years ago for $1600.00 no sh#t

Offline Mr Midyr

Steering Wheels
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:31:45 AM »
Hi ,the HK GTS s/wheel carries a GM part no on the back and were imported by GMH. this wheel is the same as used on 63/67 Corvettes. The HT/HG wheel was manufactured by Bridgestone Australia and are smaller in diameter and have a much shallower rake.Regards Pete

Offline Steeler

• Four Barrel
Steering Wheels
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »
Thanks Mr Midyear
It looked the same mounting to me, but I got one from the US, Thanks any way
Rgds
Terry. :drink: