Author Topic: vb&p suspension bolts  (Read 3697 times)

Offline silver1

• Four Barrel
vb&p suspension bolts
« on: November 13, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »
i just thought this thread on another site may be of interest to some of you running VB&P suspension.
http://www.1-4u-computer-graphics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1257976510/5#5

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
vb&p suspension bolts
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
All I get is a message saying I'm not allowed to access that page

Can you cut and paste the info?

Offline silver1

• Four Barrel
vb&p suspension bolts
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 05:33:04 PM »

oops OK here is part of it mate

I believe Alan posted a warning here before but you need to check those spring bolts.  This week while under my car I discovered one of my rear dual mount spring block bolts was missing, another half way out and all the others finger tight.  Last summer Alan sent me 8 cross drilled bolts, wire and tying tool to lock the front ones after he run into the same problem.  Alan taught me how to do the wire tying and when he checked my job this past summer he gave it his approval    Today, Alan drilled 8 more bolts and is forwarding them.  I think it is only a matter of time before someone has a tragic accident because of these bolts dropping out.  I do not understand why VBP does not include French locks for these bolts.  Using conventional lock washers to lock bolts that are compressing rubbing pads just doesn't cut it in my estimation.  So if you are running the VBP setup front, rear or both like Alan and I, PLEASE check those bolts and secure them!  Thanks Alan for all your help and supplying the bolts.

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
vb&p suspension bolts
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »
Thanks for that info