Author Topic: Pure Gold  (Read 2112 times)

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Pure Gold
« on: December 03, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »
I did a school formal for my cousin today. When I got home my two and a half year old daughter drove me nuts.

"Take me for a drive in the Corvette, Take me for a drive in the Corvette". After about ten of these I decided to take her for a run.

We drove down the street to a mates place and hung around there for a while (till she got bored).

When we got home I asked her to get out of the car.
She replied with "Its not a car Daddy. Its a Corvette".
Out of the mouth of Babes. How can you argue with that.

She made my day:bannana:

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Pure Gold
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »
Quote from: bootlegger link=topic=7463.msg1045936453#msg1045936453
"Its not a car Daddy. Its a Corvette".

You stand corrected. Pure gold indeed. :hump:
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Steeler

• Four Barrel
Pure Gold
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:32:42 AM »
What a great kid, don't make her ask so many times next time, If she wants to ride in a Corvette, take her, she has impeccable taste. :beer:

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Pure Gold
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
Quote from: Steeler link=topic=7463.msg1045936459#msg1045936459
What a great kid, don't make her ask so many times next time, If she wants to ride in a Corvette, take her, she has impeccable taste. :beer:

She has a few cars to pick from in the shed plus the boats.
Its a daily occurence that she wants to go for a ride in something. Not that I mind. Tonight we are going on the mystery cruise.:drag:

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Pure Gold
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
Today I went to a mates place and he wanted to show me his new discovery. The Movie Running On Empty.

I had seen this movie at the pictures plus another million times as one of my other good mates has the 57 chev and the Rammer out of it. Its on at his house all the time.

He was stunned when I started rattling off quotes.

I was happy to sit and watch it again. My daughter was in the other room of the house playing (my wife has a thing about my daughter watching TV).

I spotted a silver 63 Vette coupe in the background and made a comment to my friend about it.

In an instant my daughter said to my wife. "Im going with daddy to see the Corvette". She sat and was glued to that bloody movie for the whole time. She was amazed at the crashes and described them to perfection (arms flying around and sound effects). She kept asking how come the Red car keeps breaking. My comment was "its only a Ford"

Before she went to sleep tonight she told my wife all about the Red car that got fixed and then smashed up. She also went on about the Torana being smashed apart in an animated way that only a little one can perform.

Its pretty cool all this dad stuff.:ado:

How many more Corvetes are in Running on Empty (I could only count one more). and where are they now.

I have never seen that silver 63.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Pure Gold
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »
Quote from: bootlegger link=topic=7463.msg1045936560#msg1045936560

She kept asking how come the Red car keeps breaking. My comment was "its only a Ford"

Priceless.

How many more Corvetes are in Running on Empty (I could only count one more). and where are they now.
I have never seen that silver 63.

I've only seen it once or twice and don't recall spotting a Vette. Now I'll have to watch it again.

Here it is with rego plate and all:

and here's a C3 (in or passing a No Standing zone):

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Pure Gold
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »
 This was filmed in the late 70's early 80's so that 63 must have been RHD. Anyone out there know where it is now?

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Pure Gold
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:01:36 PM »
Released in August 1982.