Author Topic: 1992 LT1  (Read 3096 times)

Offline jmoseley

1992 LT1
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:07 PM »
I have a 1992 LT1 with the 6 speed manual.  today I had my car on the road and it momentarily skipped a beat, ie., a complete engine cutout for a fraction of a second but enough to cause a severe jolt as it restarted on the momentum of the car.  THe same thing happened a couple of months ago and in all probably about 5 times in the last couple of years.  Always the same way the engine stops and restarts itself in the space of a millisecond but  the resulting jerk is disconcerting.  Is it possible that this could be caused by a positive battery terminal becoming a bit loose.  It seems to work itself loose and I have tightened it a few times and for some time after there does not seem to be an issue.

Offline VET-005

• Four Barrel
1992 LT1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
Quite possible for a loose battery terminal to cause an issue. I would start by checking all the earths on the car and make sure there is no corrosion in any of them. Also check all the electrial connections going into the computer and bcm to make sure nothing is loose.
Click Images For My Gallery

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
1992 LT1
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
I had a similar intermittent problem like that on my 85.  Turns out the earth was shorting on the exhaust every now and then as it wasn't tied back properly.