Author Topic: Luggage Rack  (Read 16784 times)

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
Luggage Rack
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »
these luggage racks were not fitted from factory they were dealer gm options back in the day,fited to the cars after they recieved them from the factory by the dealer ship,they are recognised by the ncrs people aswell.personly out of the 2 vetts the blue 71 for me is the standout 1,i guess it all comes down to price and how much needs to be spent on them to bring them up to scatch ,if at all that is,are they both LHD?how good is the interiors?allso the best thing is the aussie dollar is very high at the moment so if you need to buy from the states now is the time.keep us posted please;ay

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Luggage Rack
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »
Silver should shine like a mirror. If that's the real finish then it looks suss to me -- more like silver frost.

Originally posted by craigh
Its not your monitor...

It is meant to have had new paint less than 4 years ago.   Silver can be bad in pictures so thats why i want to see it for real before i decide. .....or could be average paint :-)
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Luggage Rack
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
these luggage racks were not fitted from factory they were dealer gm options back in the day

Your roadster looks heaps better without the rack, IMO.

Again, I think they look okay on coupes.

Offline craigh

• Four Barrel
Luggage Rack
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
these luggage racks were not fitted from factory they were dealer gm options back in the day,fited to the cars after they recieved them from the factory by the dealer ship,they are recognised by the ncrs people aswell.personly out of the 2 vetts the blue 71 for me is the standout 1,i guess it all comes down to price and how much needs to be spent on them to bring them up to scatch ,if at all that is,are they both LHD?how good is the interiors?allso the best thing is the aussie dollar is very high at the moment so if you need to buy from the states now is the time.keep us posted please;ay

Hi

Both are LHD and both have fairly new interior refits (seats, door trims carpets etc.) (71 has all new rubbers as well)

Cant comment on the 69 but the 71 drives nice and tight and has lots of new suspension bushes etc etc.

71 is the best I have driven so far while looking ... not a huge sample but best out of 6 :-)

Am sure there will be lots of things needed over time but have been trying to get something with a fair amount  of work already done and in OZ.  I know i may be paying more but dont have time to go to the US or access to the facilities there to properly check them out.  Even here its a bit of a problem.

Regards

Craig

Offline GoldDigger

• Two Barrel
Luggage Rack
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 09:39:49 PM »
Hi Craig.  You can't beat being able to inspect & drive a Vette before you buy.  I have heard of plenty of poor examples of cars inspected by so called experts who act as your agents in the States so make your own judgements locally.  You will always have to do things so accept this & get a car you are happy with straight up.  I am not a fan of rear racks but the blue coup looks good with it.  If you choose that car, leave it on for a while.  It may grow on you especially if you do not travel light.
Keep us in the loop.  It is always good to see another Vette on the road.
PK

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
Luggage Rack
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »
any news on the vett craig?

Offline craigh

• Four Barrel
Luggage Rack
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 05:12:25 PM »
I am going to QLD  in a week with my son to make the final choice.  Have a deposit on the blue one but want to see the silver one before my final decision.

Will be second trip up.

On first trip I went to look at a 69 427 coupe and 69 350/350 convertible. ( I thought it was down to the two or them ....ha - little did I know)....spent hours driving looking etc then could not agree on what to do as they were a bit more than i wanted to pay and each had a area I was less than happy about.

Just as we were about to go we decided to look at the blue 71 (different price range - cheaper) and took it for a quick drive....drove better than others and had great paint etc....just was not a BB or a 350/350 or a convertible so less $$$$.

So looking forward to next trip and hopefully final decision :-)

Regards

Craig

Offline craigh

• Four Barrel
Luggage Rack
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 08:04:09 PM »
Hi

Jumped in today and purchased my first vette.

Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered :-)

Regards

Craig

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
Luggage Rack
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »
Looks great mate.

I've always loved Bridgehampton Blue on a vette.. Very classy!

When you take delivery you'll have to shower us with pics!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Luggage Rack
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »
Very nice Craig, congratulations, great colour choice as well :drool:
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Luggage Rack
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 10:28:31 PM »
:ado: choice.

Now all you need to do is to join the Club:

http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au/applicform.pdf

:hump:

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
Luggage Rack
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »
Is it a 71 or 72?

Offline craigh

• Four Barrel
Luggage Rack
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 06:49:28 AM »
Quote from: demonx link=topic=7391.msg1045936323#msg1045936323
Is it a 71 or 72?

Its a 71

Craig

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
Luggage Rack
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
very cool,looks great and congratullations

Offline VET-005

• Four Barrel
Luggage Rack
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »
There is a red 69 in the club who has very small metal caps colour coded and fitted over where the holes from the rack were. dosnt look too bad, especially if you dont want to paint the rear end.

Personally i hate the luggage racks and would remove them as it takes away from the nice lines of the corvette.

Being Metalic a good painter could colour match that easily and do a blend since the paint is quite fresh.
Click Images For My Gallery