Restoration & Modification Projects > Modification Projects

Custom Spare Wheel Holder

<< < (2/3) > >>

demonx:
I would NOT do body colour. Could make the back of your car look like a massive bulge, like saddle bags on a fat chick.

Either chrome or polished metal or black would be my personal opinion.

Probably black like you said is most practical and easiest to achieve/maintain. I could imagine polished or chrome being a pain in the arse to keep clean!

It's funny that I read this today as earlier I was actually thinking of what I was going to do to dress my stock one up but still look reasonably original.

mick:
Quote:- I would NOT do body colour. Could make the back of your car look like a massive bulge, like saddle bags on a fat chick

Good Point Thanks DemonX.....

demonx:
Yeah - what made me think of that was about a month ago I did a respray on a Toyota. It had a grey/white two tone. I resprayed the whole lot white and it made it look like a body kit had been installed with all the extra colour.

If you were to put more blue under the car like that I reckon the whole rear end would look huge compared to stock. The eye would just make it look massive and it may or may not look good.

Food for thought.

I have pics of the toyota if you want to see the difference. It's a trick on the eye more than anything.

Edit: heres the pics

I had a look at what pics I took at the time. None really show what I'm talking about but if you have a look here you can see how much the tiny bit of extra paint makes so much difference to the eye.

mick:
I see what you mean. Im thinking when ive made the thing it will be silver anyway. Ill take a pic and photoshop the colours options on there.

silver1:
I don't think it would be to hard for a decent panel beater to make the cover for you[i'd try to find an older tradesman]it could be done in one piece and have it hinge down.
flat or matt black is easy,just spray the cover in black base coat and then when you clear it put flattening base in the clear,that way you will get the matt look but will be able to clean it after.You can also buy decent alloy spraynow and when cleared with good two pack clear it lasts, Vodafone touring cars has it on them.
Good luck Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version