Restoration & Modification Projects > Modification Projects

Custom Spare Wheel Holder

(1/3) > >>

mick:
I decided it was time to start organising my spare wheel holder. Thanks to some good advice I got hold of some heavy duty cardboard and bolted in into the factory points at the front.

Now I just need to stare at it long enough to work out how to get a nice line to join to the lower part of the body so it dosent look like crap, this might take a while...;45

silver1:

--- Quote ---

Now I just need to stare at it long enough to work out how to get a nice line to join to the lower part of the body so it dosent look like crap, this might take a while...;45
--- End quote ---

Just a thought How about following the lines of the rear beaver panel so it looks like one piece?

mick:
Hey Silver thats exactly what I want to do, its just the linking it all together thats tricky.

demonx:
I am by no means a traditionalist - but whats wrong with the original one?

Back to topic though:

What you are doing reminds me of a Torana drop tank... Maybe have a look at a few photos to see how they manage theirs.

mick:
Hey demonX, hope your projects ticking along ok...

Main reason for update 115 litre aluminum tank in place of original (sits 2 inchs lower than stock).

My opinion.. but dont like the empty look of the back of a vette + If I make full width holder I can fit all my tools in there too.

295 rear tires, the holder im making will be adjustable and will accommodate them. It will sit lower at the rear if a 295 is in there but match up nicely with the 5.5 inch steel spare Ive got.

This is exactly what I was hoping for... just some honest conversation before I go to far 1 way or the other.

BTW.. Im thinking of powdercoating it the new matte black finish you see on a lot of Harleys at the moment, or mabye body colour but only if it really lines up with the body really well, which I seriously doubt the way its looking at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version