Author Topic: AIR pump – can I borrow/buy  (Read 18945 times)

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
AIR pump – can I borrow/buy
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2003, 10:30:42 PM »
Thanks for all your input AusRs, it was worth looking at and your viewpoint of “IT IS POSSIBLE’ can often make things happen.

So why are Camaro’s called ‘F’ bodies – they’re not ‘F’ibreglass ,…so ?

I’m on a big learning curve… I only found out IROC stood for International Race of Champions last week – for the last 4 years I thought it meant ugly headlight arrangement on an otherwise good looking car.

I’ve been so focussed on having a vette that no other car has been at all interesting (since about 1997). I joined the ‘American Car Club of Cairns’ and now, having achieved my ambition, I’m free to begin to appreciate other cars again. I’ve always loved big cars and the Camaro with the targa roof, rear seats etc is my second favourite.

S’nut

Offline Ausrs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2003, 10:47:23 PM »
vette would be my next choice IF i wanted a 2 seater ...becoming a grandfather this year (later ) it will be nice to cart grandchild around in style :)
as for the f body it is the term given to the camaro and firebird by GM
just a name as for the ugly headlights .....thats called a muscle car look :)
trans am with the pop up headlights are trying to look to much like a vette in my opinion
t tops rule .....any car that you can take the tops off in good weather are great ......to many people miss out on our aussie summers being couped up with a roof
look around a little more with the air pump and maybe there is a way round that hopeless vette belt routing .......we got the batter end of the deal in that department

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2003, 04:36:20 PM »
stingraynut, I have my old air pump packed up in the shed and can get it out tonight and get it to a post office, just e-mail me your address.

I would like it returned when you are done with it and don't want it modified so perhaps you can install mine onto your car while you send your original off for modification?
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2003, 07:04:09 PM »
Thats excellent news, vette obsessed, wish I’d been able to check my emails earlier than 7pm, I could have sent you my address.

Firstly is yours an 87-91 ? otherwise the brackets may be different.

If so……I promise not to modify it, or damage it. Won’t be connecting the pipes up, just the bracket points to support the belt.

I’ll fix you up for the postage and whatever, and return it asap.

If yours is 87-91 (I did know what year your vette was but it’s lost now amongst a brain full of vette pictures and two computer crashes)
Could you send it express post tomorrow (sat) morning ?

Thanks,  

S’nut

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2003, 11:01:29 PM »
S'nut, my Vette is a 90 so no problems there.

I just got home so I couldn't get it out tonight but I'll try get it to the post office tomorrow morning to express it out.  I'll probably be able to post here on Sunday to confirm.

I've got your details written down now so you can edit your post if you choose.

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2003, 11:46:43 PM »
Thanks Vette Obsessed, I’ve edited my post now. I think you have my email address anyway ?

As you’re in NSW and it’s the weekend – if you think express is too expensive, just post whatever you think is OK , I’m always in a hurry but probably $15- to $20 is enough cost. – I’ll repay you whatever.

Thanks,

S’nut

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2003, 02:13:14 AM »
Yes, I have your e-mail address.

I should be able to get it to a post office tomorrow anyway - I should be passing by one that is open on Saturday during my travels tomorrow morning.  If I can get it into the PO tomorrow it should leave first thing Monday.

I'll use discretion with the mailing cost.

Once I get a chance after I send it I will e-mail you to let you know that I've sent it and via what method.

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2003, 09:24:50 AM »
Thanks, very much appreciated, it means I can drive my car while my Pump is being engineered, use cheaper delivery both ways , don’t have to hassle the engineers to get it done quickly and if there’s a delay it won’t matter.

I see now why I need two Corvettes

S’nut

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2003, 02:10:33 PM »
Originally posted by Stingraynut

I see now why I need two Corvettes

S’nut

You needed a reason?:22

Andrew or S'nut....could either of you take a pic of the AIR pump you have so I can compare it to my old one just to see if or what differences there might be between the different models please? Just curious.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2003, 03:07:55 PM »
Hi Brutus, here’s a link to a pic I took a few weeks ago, while it was apart.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/mphealey/CorvetteDream/ForumPics/Airpump1.jpg

And  this link to an explanation of what’s shown. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=606732

If you want, when I take mine off I’ll try to take pics of the front and back ?

S’nut

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2003, 06:40:20 PM »
Hi vette Obsessed, just checking to see if you managed to reach the post Saturday am ?

S’nut

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2003, 06:49:17 PM »
Originally posted by StingraynutIf you want, when I take mine off I’ll try to take pics of the front and back ?

S’nut

Thanks....that'd be very helpful.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2003, 05:15:09 PM »
S'nut, you have e-mail.

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2003, 11:25:09 PM »
Yow, Vette Obsessed’s AIR pump arrived and I swapped them over, discovered mine would hardly turn, felt like it was moving through syrup.

I greased it with Molybedenum greas – Hi temp ect a while back, feels like it’s turned to wet cement, reckon I got to it just in time.

I’ve sent it of to JOH Engineering, Bundamba to be engineered into a freewheeling hub.

I really appreciate Vette Obsessed’s generosity in lending me his old pump. We’ve never met and live states apart.  Thanks

Brutus - I was in such a hurry to post mine off that I forgot to take pictures, will do when it gets back

S’nut