Author Topic: shroulds...  (Read 7825 times)

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
shroulds...
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
.. Q: Why has nobody.. and correct me if I'm wrong... seemingly produced a 60's thru various 82 era... GM  reproduction Fan Shroulds...?.. I sent a gentleman over to Scott today for one of the fibreglass type.... but looking around the market would  seem nobody has made them.. ??... a proper point score... GM repro... ..??

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
shroulds...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
This guy claims to have some in metal (60-62):

http://www.corvetteparts.com/catalog/0212069/1.htm

I guess if there was a great demand for repro shrouds from the NCRS community, then somebody would make them.

From what I've seen and heard, many people take the shrouds off anyway and install electric fans. (I'm not one of those.)

It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
shroulds...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
.. yer.. fair enough.. supply and demand.. I was probably more surprised then anything that nobody does them ... but when you see BUEATIFULLY reproduced parts for Corvettes like  steering wheels and ornaments, trim, panel sections, bumpers, gauges, etc etc.. yet the humble fan shrould  as major visual.. especially for concerned Corvette restorers..  I did find & had a reply from one US crowd who for US$189 in the USA (not a$ and NOT here)... they had  molded urethane.. but from a"sand cast" which is not as crisp or sharp as alloy injection molding..

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
shroulds...
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »
i guess the reason allso would be that the shrouds differ from model to model and there not something that were out or break down,allso supply and demand

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
shroulds...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:22:18 PM »
http://willcoxcorvette.com/product_info.php?products_id=2337

I just did a search for my car for arguments sake. Here's one for $150

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
shroulds...
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
From the photo, that Willcox unit looks to be fireglass/plastic.

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
shroulds...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 01:11:27 AM »
;46 ;46

DR REBUILD ALSO SELLS THEM

http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/FAN-SHROUD.HTML

IF YOU WANT TO MANUFACTURE SOMETHING THAT IS HARD TO FIND, TRY FINDING ME A METAL AIR CLEANER SEALING RING FOR A 73/74 BIG BLOCK

;42

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
shroulds...
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 02:34:08 AM »
Originally posted by reservedDR REBUILD ALSO SELLS THEM

But here's ozpont's point: "Item: 1277120: 63-65 327 FAN SHROUD A quality repro of match molded fiberglass for the long discontinued original steel shroud."

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
shroulds...
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 08:30:31 AM »
Originally posted by gtc
Originally posted by reservedDR REBUILD ALSO SELLS THEM

But here's ozpont's point: "Item: 1277120: 63-65 327 FAN SHROUD A quality repro of match molded fiberglass for the long discontinued original steel shroud."

That's pretty much EXACTLY what  i mean... quietly consider we now produce OVER 150 Items under License with GM for the USA market.. and supply the USA market.. & you know as soon as something is released by us.. unless its perfect.. it gets SLAMMED..and really .. its pointless doing it.. .. and being fair.. that is for Camaro & Firebird TA series cars.. many of which share the same value range in restoration circles.. same love by their owners..  ..Whats the point in bringing out for CORVETTE owners .. sorta LIKE PRODUCTS.. ..I understand the scale of economics don't allow major investment HERE in OZ to the scale for instance we have with the GM F body series of over a A$1 million in stock value..but in the USA.. with SO many restorers.. surely there is a market big enough to cover doing things 100% .. ESPECIALLY for Corvette restoration which is often seen a the "Pride of the Fleet" .. .. just strange. and the rad shrould's caught me by surprise considering you can get them Injected Moulded for things like Mopars, Camaro's, GTO's.. Rustangs etc..
   Anyway.. such is life...