Author Topic: Out of action  (Read 24603 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Out of action
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2009, 02:44:32 AM »
Dave's job takes him to a different location every day, so "taking the bus" isn't a viable solution.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Reklaw

• Four Barrel
Out of action
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »
Will see ya at Forster Dave.
Bob Walker
Long Jetty

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2009, 10:43:25 PM »
Originally posted by gtc
Dave's job takes him to a different location every day, so "taking the bus" isn't a viable solution.

Your right. I went to Brisbane today for work (not on the bike). Left my place at 4.30am and hitched a ride to Penrith station. Got home tonight at 10.30.
Now Ive got to get the boat sorted for a 6am start to Forster in the morning with my mate towing it for me.
Talk about burning the candle at both ends.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Out of action
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2009, 11:44:52 PM »
Good luck on the water!

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
Thanks Graham. Had a top weekend at the races. Thanks Recklaw for the help.
The boat ran hard but It got smashed on the left hand side. Im still not sure what I hit but the damgae is pretty extensive.
So now I have a busted bike and raceboat.

On the way home we got pulled over by the HWY Patrol. First thing he said was who owns the trailer.
Their eagle eye computor system picked up that the trailer was registered to someone who lost their licence.

After he realised that I wasnt driving he asked about the boat. Needless to say he didnt pick up that the trailer lights wernt working or the rego didnt match the trailer.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Out of action
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »
Originally posted by bootlegger
 Needless to say he didnt pick up that the trailer lights wernt working or the rego didnt match the trailer.

So plod isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Sorry to hear the boat was damaged. However, it didn't flip over at WOT so that's another bit of "luck" I suppose.

Offline Reklaw

• Four Barrel
Out of action
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »
And here's a photo of the damaged sponson. Some smart a*** in the crowd yelled out "Hey Dave, looks like you ran over your wallet"

Bob Walker
Long Jetty

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
Yeah it made a mess. Im still inspecting the damage to work out a plan to fix it. Im racing again Aug 23. I had this guy wanting to buy my boat all weekend. After it got broken he said "I guess the price just went down a few grand". I responded with "Ill fix it and the price will go up a few". Im having too much fun in it to get rid of it yet. Bob have you got any pics of the boat in one piece?
We are putting on a display of vintage boats at the Sydney boat show this weekend. In all there are 12 on display (4 of mine including Aggressor).

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
Hey Bob could you email me that pic? davehotboats@hotmail.com

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Out of action
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2009, 07:58:07 PM »
Originally posted by bootlegger
Hey Bob could you email me that pic? davehotboats@hotmail.com

Just right click on the picture and click save as
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »
1 week to go. left my place at 5.30am for Fairfield by train. Did 3 licences and then caught another train to Mascot to do a job at Qantas. Finished at 1pm and caught the train home.
My wife rang me in tears saying the car had run out of fuel. In between all the carrying on I realised that there was an electrical problem. She managed to get a guy to jump start the car.
Finally I got picked up but she was still adamant that the car was out of fuel. When she tried to start the car nothing happened. I got another jump start and on the way home she conceded that the battery light had been on for a couple of days. ;58
I spent the rest of the arvo putting another alternator in.
Here are some pics from the weekend and Atomic still in one piece. http://www.cawpba.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=90&start=10

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Out of action
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 08:17:36 PM »
Nice shots.

Damage looks pretty dramatic there, but I guess not too daunting for a man of your restoration skills.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »
2 days to go but whos counting.;);)

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »
1 more day. Even though I get it back tommorrow Im not allowed to drive until I go to the RTA and reactivate the licence. They didnt tell me that on the letter they sent. I could have started driving tommorrow and got into more trouble.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Out of action
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 09:04:01 AM »
RTA = rabid tax authority.

Only interested in taking your money. Otherwise useless public servants.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
Out of action
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
Dont talk to me about being ripped off. Has anyone else noticed all the Mother Fxxxxers ramping up everything.
Yesterday I got my rates notice and its gone up by $600, my electricity bill has almost doubled and the icing on the cake came today when I went to buy a green slip for my Falcon. Last one I bought through AAMI was $350. This one is nearly $600.
They changed there pricing policy so now you get charged more because you dont have your car comprehensively insured.
I said OK whats it going to cost to insure the car for $1000? They came back with $500.
I am so over getting screwed.
Why is petrol still $1.20 when oil prices have plumeted and the dollar is strong?
I wish our community wasnt so weak and accepting of what is being done to them.
Try doing this in France or Italy. They just riot and everything gets reversed.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Out of action
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Originally posted by bootleggerTry doing this in France or Italy. They just riot and everything gets reversed.

Italy is a basket case: some 50 governments in 50 years.

And don't get me started about France.

The NSW government is the walking dead waiting for an election to bury them. They silently ramped up a slew of RTA charges outside the budget process by gazetting them.

Offline Reklaw

• Four Barrel
Out of action
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2009, 07:44:54 PM »
Hi Dave, have you tried out the Green Slip Cost Comparison site. Here it is http://www.greenslips.com.au/
Bob Walker
Long Jetty

Offline RHD.68.l89

• Four Barrel
    • www.invisiblecarbras.com.au
Out of action
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2009, 10:22:30 PM »
In Victoria, our compulsory third party insurance is part of the registration fee each year. It would be nice to be able to shop for the best price...

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Out of action
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
Originally posted by RHD.68.l89
In Victoria, our compulsory third party insurance is part of the registration fee each year. It would be nice to be able to shop for the best price...

That's how it was in NSW for decades with the underwriting being done by the Government Insurance Office (GIO).

Then it was farmed out to a list of general insurance companies with buyer choice and CTP insurance costs dropped dramatically ... for a time, until they started to creep up each year as the number of players reduced to just a handfull.