Author Topic: new toy! A Buell  (Read 4693 times)

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
new toy! A Buell
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
Hey all,
            Had to share, I got a new toy over xmas a Buell. For those who are not aware a Buell is a modified Harley (sportster) motor sqeezed into a sportsbike frame. It the funnest thing Ive had since I got my vette of course.

I like to think of it as a corvette bike.

Its no jap bike killer but the low end torque and of course the sound is awesome.

at home

When I picked it up

I hate to admit i have been neglecting the vette a bit lately choosing to ride the buell of a weekend;29, Im sure that will pass as the newness wears off.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:32:16 PM »
Nice bike, Mick.

Make the most of it when the sun's shining.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »
Hey Mick,

thats an awsome bike buddy... always liked the buel.. i own a 2002 GSXR1000 myself thats had some head work,  full yoshi exhaust and power commander.. got now 175Hp at the rear wheel..

Totalll awsome and good for over 300km..now thats shes been derestricted!....lol

Michael
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:21:56 PM »
^ Michael all you need now is a Vette!

I had a GSX1100 for 19 years. Very tough bike. Traded her in beginning of 2000 for this Yammy XJR1300:

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »
Nice Bikes Fellas !!!

Mabye we should start a show us your bike thread, dont think Ive ever seen one on this site....

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:14:21 AM »
Originally posted by 69VETTE
Hey Mick,

thats an awsome bike buddy... always liked the buel.. i own a 2002 GSXR1000 myself thats had some head work,  full yoshi exhaust and power commander.. got now 175Hp at the rear wheel..

Totalll awsome and good for over 300km..now thats shes been derestricted!....lol

Michael  

I love the GSXR's when i was about 18 I really wanted one and a (so called) mate just got a 750. He offered to take me for a quick blat I declined as I was wearing a singlet and shorts, he said dont worry Ill take it slow for ya (famous last words). So I jumped on and instantly he was F@@#ing crazy! We were doing 200 plus overtaking lines of traffic, to make matters worse my shorts got filled with air and my arse went like 2 inches of the seat and my feet floated above the rear pegs. I head butted his helmet and he finally slowed down asking what was wrong.

I just wasnt that keen on one after that..

Great bike but....

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »
Originally posted by gtc

I had a GSX1100 for 19 years. Very tough bike. Traded her in beginning of 2000 for this Yammy XJR1300:

That monster even makes my Buell Motor look small...

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »
Originally posted by gtc

Very nice bike Mr GTC,   very nice in deed... i like the color and the fact that its a 1300cc...

All i need is a vette huh?,....  i need more than that, but i wont go there... like a new ZR1 would do me finely...... now all i have to do is win lotto on sat night....;)

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
new toy! A Buell
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »
Originally posted by 69VETTE
Very nice bike Mr GTC,   very nice in deed... i like the color and the fact that its a 1300cc...

Thanks, mate.

All i need is a vette huh?,....  i need more than that, but i wont go there... like a new ZR1 would do me finely...... now all i have to do is win lotto on sat night....;)

... good luck with the Lotto! ;27