Author Topic: C3 Carpet instalation  (Read 4379 times)

Offline 76vette

• Two Barrel
C3 Carpet instalation
« on: January 04, 2009, 07:07:32 PM »
;30

I notice a lot of talk about Carpet.

For those out there with a C3 I have finished re-carpeting my 76.
Depending on what you want or can afford you can get a locally made set or I got a complete carpet set from Davies Corvette in the correct dye colour, ($365.28 US delivered within 2 weeks), it also comes complete with the "jute" insulation. However that was before the $ crashed to 65c. It has ( floor, doors, rear parcel & hatch door carpet).
Once you get the seats, console, seat bealts etc out the evil urge.... Gee the console needs some work, or time to fix those blown bulbs or shifter boot, etc can take over.
Believe me it is better & easier to do it all at the same time even though it will take longer but the final result is better!

Mind you I have now gone all out & Greased/oiled the elect doors. new sill plates & complete rubber set. as well as stripping the floor pan & re painting. Got a complete interior screw set also.

So I started wiring up the tailights cleaning up the vette for rego>>>>>

With a bit of patience & working off the old set it is easy to install a new carpet set.
The only tools are a couple of screwdrivers, socket set & stanley knife (sharp), a stappler & good glue for the door carpet if replacing.

Gee I better not start touching up the PAINT....

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
C3 Carpet instalation
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »
Any pictures of your creative madness  ;58
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline 76vette

• Two Barrel
C3 Carpet instalation
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:08:15 AM »
:22
Stay tuned Cam is on the job with some pictures.

Offline 76vette

• Two Barrel
C3 Carpet instalation
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:09:41 AM »
These are some of the photos,

The first 3 are mine redone in orginal Firethorne red.
I also left more chrome showing when I did up the shifter plate.
If you find that your forward console is also broken or shifter plate too loose as the plastic fasteners in the corners have broken, Ecklers/Corvette Central sell a good repair kit & its a lot cheaper than a whole new unit. I have also ordered the plastic surrounds that edge the 3 parcel shelve doors to replace the split ones.

The second lot is my sons which he used Black capret as the vette has been resprayed a different colour & had brown carpet before.
Also notice on the door trim he removed the old Wood Grain & replaced it with black vinyl to match the floor & door carpet.

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
C3 Carpet instalation
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:37:27 PM »
Looks good.

I cannot wait till I've got the cash to put my interior back together. That'll be a project for later on this year.