Author Topic: The DEMONX 1970 vert project  (Read 47605 times)

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
The DEMONX 1970 vert project
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »
The bell housing is cracked, there's even a decent chunk of it missing and the whole lot is flexing.

I don't think there's any damage to either the starter or the ring gear, I reckon it's just the bell housing flexing and when things move its making a hell of a noise - BUT - I have to be honest and say we were more focused on getting the handbrake done and only had a quick look when  under there.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »
 Welcome to the new eBay Motors|Frequently Asked Questions|Send feedback|Return to the original eBay Motors

Sign in  eBay Home | Site Map

aAll of eBay MotorsCars & TrucksParts & AccessoriesMotorcyclesPowersportsBoatsOther Vehicles-----------------------------------All eBay CategoriesAdvanced Search

Cars & Trucks  Parts & Accessories  Motorcycles  Powersports  Boats  Other Vehicles  

Buy Sell My eBay Research Help

##1##
 ##2##  

Back to list of items  Listed in category:  eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car & Truck Parts > Exterior > Other

Chevelle Camaro Impala Corvette Nova Bellhousing 11" Item number: 260277871225

Seller of this item? Sign in for your status    Watch this item in My eBay  

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
  Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
  Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

View larger picture

Starting bid: US $155.00  

Your maximum bid: US $  
 Place Bid
 (Enter US $155.00 or more)

price:  US $159.95  Buy It Now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: 15 hours 18 mins (Aug-31-08 12:10:53 PDT)
 Shipping costs: To Australia -- Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details
Ships to: Worldwide
Item location: NAPERVILLE ILLINOIS, United States
History: 0 bids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also:  Watch This Item
 Bid with Bid Assistant

Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend

Listing and payment details:  HideShow
 Starting time: Aug-21-08 12:10:53 PDT
Starting bid: US $155.00
Duration: 10-day listing  
 Payment methods: PayPal (preferred),  
Personal check,  
Money order/Cashiers check,  
Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted,  
Visa/MasterCard,  
American Express,  
Discover
See details

Get 15% back on your eBay purchases with a new eBay MasterCard! Max rebate $25. US Residents Only See Details | Apply Now  

Meet the seller
Seller: tamraz( 59410)  
Member: since Sep-01-99 in United States

See detailed feedback
   Ask seller a question  
   Add to Favorite Sellers
   View seller's other items: Store | List
   Visit seller's Store:
Tamraz's Parts Discount Warehouse

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1.   Check the seller's reputation
 Score: 59410 | 99.6% Positive
See detailed feedback
2.   Check how you're protected

Returns: Seller accepts returns.
30 Days Money Back

Item Specifics

Title: Chevelle Camaro Impala Corvette Nova Bellhousing 11"        

Condition: New        

Description

Visit my eBay Store:Tamraz's Parts Discount Warehouse

Suspension & Exhaust | Chevelle | Fuel Tanks & Fuel Parts | Bumpers & Bumper Brackets

Items On Sale

Search my eBay Store:

Add to Favorite Stores | Sign up for Store newsletter  

Chevelle Camaro Impala Nova Bell Housing 11" New

Click our about me page to find more about us
Add us to your favorite list, more items being listed weekly
To read Tamraz's Policies click here
Description
Brand new reproduction 11" style bell housing that was used on all Chevelle, Camaro, Corvette, Impala and Nova big block 396 / 427 / 454 motors.
Also used on 302 / 350 or 400 motors with 11" clutch.
Fits most 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 and 1981 High Performance motors.
Note: will not work on 1962-1967 Chevy II Nova models.

PRE-SELL ITEM
Normally this item is kept in stock but we recommend you call before bidding to check stock if time is an issue for you
It is for this reason that eBay has asked us to refer to this as a "PRE-SELL Item". If you can not wait do not bid.

Tamraz's Auction Terms
Do not bid unless you intend to buy
Buyers who do not pay will receive negative feedback
Shipping is specified for the continental United States.
Customers from Alaska and Hawaii please email or call us for a shipping amount.
Winner has 7 days to complete auction payment
If you are the winning bidder of this auction and a winner on other large items call us so we can arrange to ship you all of the items at the same time. By shipping it this way you will save a considerable amount of money.
Thank you for your interest and good luck with the auction.
Winners who call us to pay for auctions should have the item number and item title ready when calling.
If you email us late on Friday we will not be able to answer you until Monday.

About Us  Questions about this product?
10022 South Bode Road
Plainfield, Illinois 60585-8776
1-800-442-4601 (Within the United States)
1-630-904-4500 (Outside the United States)
Mon-Fri 8-5, Sat 9-2 Central Standard Time
Alaska, Hawaii and all orders outside the United States will be more.
E-mail or call us before bidding or paying if you are located outside the continental United States so we may give you the proper shipping amount.
ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED
We support leaving and receiving feedback
We cannot ship to PO Boxes.

Please be patient as we answer your email. Right now we receive around 1000 emails a day. We really appreciate your email and we will try to answer your email as quick as possible.
PPZHPBH621
Pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal!

SquareTrade © AP6.0  

The US Avg Credit Score is 693. Compare Yours Now

Shipping, payment details, and return policy

Ships to
Worldwide

Shipping and Handling

Shipping and Handling To  Service
US $14.50   United States Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service

Shipping and Handling To Service
US $14.50   United States Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service
Will ship to Worldwide. Contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services.

Shipping insurance

Included (in the shipping and handling cost)

Seller's payment instructions

Our toll free number is 800-442-4601 (630-904-4500 outside the US) Store hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 9am-2pm Central Standard Time.

We accept all major credit cards.

Our address is: 10022 S Bode Road, Plainfield, IL 60585

Email address is: ebay@tamrazs.com Payment by money order, cashier's check, personal or corporate check will be held for 10 business days.

Seller's return policy:
Item must be returned within:  30 Days  Refund will be given as:  Money Back  
Return policy details:  If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase return it to us insured shipping within the period specified. Enclose a copy of your

sales receipt. Package the part(s) well, in the original materials (if possible), to prevent any damage that may occur in transit. Ship the

package(s) back to us PREPAID via UPS or Postal Service, as NO C.O.D returns will be accepted. When a return is received an exchange or refund will

be processed immediately,less any restocking fees

that may apply.  

Sales tax

Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: IL (8.000%).  

Payment methods accepted

Personal check

Money order/Cashiers check

Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted

Visa/MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Ready to Buy? Help
Item title: Chevelle Camaro Impala Corvette Nova Bellhousing 11"  
Place a bid
 Starting bid:  US $155.00
Your maximum bid: US $

(Enter US $155.00 or more)

Place Bid
  You will confirm in the next step.

Buy It Now
  price:  US $159.95
  Buy It Now
  You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.
Learn about bidding.

Purchase this item now without bidding.
Learn about Buy It Now.

What else can you do?
Back to list of items|Report this item|Printer Version| Sell one like this  

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

About eBay | Community | Security Center | eBay Toolbar | Buyer Services | Policies | Government Relations | Site Map | Help

© 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. eBay and the eBay logo are among the registered trademarks of eBay Inc. Kelley Blue Book® and Blue Book® are registered trademarks of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Some automotive images © eVox Productions LLC, all rights reserved. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2008, 03:14:18 PM »
MADLT1 - thanks for that - I've sent them an email asking for airmil postage cost. Pays to do that with some ebay sellers bumping up costs!

I bought a grill the other day from an ebay seller who quoted US$130 post. I replied back questioning why she is charging me $130 when I bought the other side grill from a vendor and paid only $40 postage. I also then added that I wanted to buy some other chrome etc from her and would pass if she didn't charge me actual post without up charging. She very quickly replied back with a "new" postage cost of $55 for all the items! Bloody scammer's. Need to be on your toes!

Anyway - I've been looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lakewood-15000-safety-bellhousing-chevy-bbc-sbc_W0QQitemZ250192373169QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116
I'm not 100% sure how the fit is with the Lakewood's though and I don't know if they're a direct swap. I sent Lakewood an email yesterday but don't expect a reply straight away being weekend.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »
they will fit your aplication no worrys,but if your not produceing seriouse horsepower 500 plus then its a waste of money,stick with an original ,nothing will get past the bellhouseing :20

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2008, 04:11:15 PM »
I agree it's unnecessary with the 350/350 - however I also have it in the back of my head the possibility of a engine rebuild (383???) maybe next year or the one after. For the sake of an extra hundred or two, it's covering all bases.

I've got a bit of quick thinking to do... I might still go with an original replacement.

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »
Originally posted by demonx
MADLT1 - thanks for that - I've sent them an email asking for airmil postage cost. Pays to do that with some ebay sellers bumping up costs!

I bought a grill the other day from an ebay seller who quoted US$130 post. I replied back questioning why she is charging me $130 when I bought the other side grill from a vendor and paid only $40 postage. I also then added that I wanted to buy some other chrome etc from her and would pass if she didn't charge me actual post without up charging. She very quickly replied back with a "new" postage cost of $55 for all the items! Bloody scammer's. Need to be on your toes!

Anyway - I've been looking at these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lakewood-15000-safety-bellhousing-chevy-bbc-sbc_W0QQitemZ250192373169QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116
I'm not 100% sure how the fit is with the Lakewood's though and I don't know if they're a direct swap. I sent Lakewood an email yesterday but don't expect a reply straight away being weekend.
its not just ebay seelers that do that demon.....some of the well known and BIG corvette aftermarket suppliers also try this trick..... buddy with a 69 tri power big block and a 77 has all kind of trouble with some of the larger well known companies trying the " australia is so far away and there is an extra packing charge,and also a fee to drive the part to the post office so thats triple the price thanks" tactic.....
stick to your guns,even with the big shops and they will prob drop the price....
try MAXX WRENCH for parts as well.....he a true vette lover and will look after you...tell him nifty sent you.

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »
here you go....speak to donny.......
http://www.maxxwrench.com/

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »
Ummmmm ... where's this hose go?

The vacuum journey continues with a hose replacement procedure. I started this today - its not as easy as it first appears!

Offline TPI-383

• Two Barrel
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »
Demonx
 Can you send me a pic of your belhousing as I may have one at home.I have an original saginaw chev belhousing with hyd. clutch that I think is on the left side. My email is tasexton@tpg.com.au and I am in syd.
Tim

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2008, 08:02:47 AM »
Originally posted by demonx
Ummmmm ... where's this hose go?

The vacuum journey continues with a hose replacement procedure. I started this today - its not as easy as it first appears!

Doesn't the one on the left feed the blinker fluid to the front indicators??;58;58

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
I took that pic after I'd already fitted half a dozen hoses - right now I have 6 left to install. It's definitely a job that requires a bit of time.  

All the under dash hoses hat go through the firewall grommets are absolute bastards!

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 05:29:36 PM »
Ok - today I've been working on switches and I told someone that I'd post pics of the door ajar wiring once I'd done them so they can see how it all works and fix their own!

My door jam and door ajar switches are all brand new now and work a treat!

Here's the pics:

This blue and black wire are behind the door under the "rear quarter trim"

You can see in this pic that the blue and black run from the main loom to the left side, then across to the right side via the rear panel behind the seats:

Make sure you poke the wires through the hole and attach the switch on the outside not the inside, as the switch mounts from te outside the same as the door jam switches.

I should also add an important note:

When tightening in any of your door jam or door ajar switches, hold the centre pole (button) so it does not spin, or you'll be twisting the wires at the back which may cause damage.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »
Interesting stuff. I'm enjoying following progress.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
Definition of a bad day:

You're remove your interior header and sill mouldings only to find rust underneath that needs immediate repair and then in attempting to do so you crack a perfectly good windscreen.

No new photos. Just obscenities and the build up of a possible tantrum.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
Bugger!
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »
OUCH$$$$$thats gotta hurt:23

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
That's gotta hurt.  Did the same when building Priscilla.  :24

When ya take the windscreen out, ya may as well and make the most of a bad lot and give that part of the bird cage a good clean up and rust prof coat and get some more clips for the moldings.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2008, 11:37:40 PM »
I took my moldings off around my windscreen pillars and found big rust holes on the pillars and on the top section when I was restoring my vette, I imported a whole new windscreen pillar & top steel bits and had to weld them back on. And my vette was a Southern Californian car all its life?? The rest of the cars steel structures were in perfect condition! And my windscreen glass broke also in the process!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2008, 07:58:10 AM »
There's no actual rust "holes" - its just all pitted and will be potential holes in about 5-10 years if I don't fix it all now.

One thing that p#isses me off - the damn screws for the corner mouldings cannot be undone unless you remove the window. What a dick head of an idea that is.

I have not priced the new window yet, but I have an idea I should be able to get one local for about 2 - 3 hundred?

What did you guys glue it back with?

I was talking to someone about it last night and they said make a gerot with some wire and simply run it around the glue and it'll cut, then just lift the window up and out onto the bonnet. Sounds simple. Everything sounds simple till you do it!

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
Im sure those corner mold screws come out without taking the window out, I took mine off before taking the window out! I think my screw was hiding under the rust and under the next molding, I think once I took off the middle moldings I could access the screw????
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!