Author Topic: Driving lights  (Read 4069 times)

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Driving lights
« on: June 14, 2003, 11:57:39 PM »
Since when has it been legal to drive your car in built up areas with driving lights on?
My eye sight is not too bad after forty years of mispent youth. Of late, I see many drivers of cars (including our finest, the Police that is) need extra lighting to see where they are going, even on well lit streets.
Sadly, gone are the days when everyone shared the road and it was a privilege to have a drivers licence. Nowadays its like "Its my god dam right to drive and you had better watch out!"
Pedestrians Beware! Although they do not have blinkers and number plates they do have right of way when on the road! Many drivers do not agree and like to try and run them over.
What is going on in this crazy mixed up world of ours?
:o:P:o:20:drink;laugh;laugh:22:D

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Driving lights
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 12:31:13 AM »
dave....don;t  you  know  mate  its  not  about  you  its  about  them  ;););););)  and  the  worst  ones  are  the  young  chickybabeleadfoots

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
Driving lights
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 08:26:56 AM »
Originally posted by johnnyholmes.86 convert
dave....don;t  you  know  mate  its  not  about  you  its  about  them  ;););););)  and  the  worst  ones  are  the  young  chickybabeleadfoots

EXACTLY!!!! ....and don't those little darlings have some charming attitudes to go along with their excellent driving habits?
Btw Dave, It's still illegal to have any light on high beam withing 100 metres of an oncoming vehicle.You will find tho that they're just using their high beams to better line you up in their cross hairs.:22
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes