Author Topic: Breaky run  (Read 7085 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Breaky run
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »
Five Vettes departed Thronleigh Maccas at 7.15am and headed into the thick early morning fog along the F3 that lifted magically around Mt White. The rest of the run to Newcastle was in sunshine as we diverted via beautiful Swansea (and a few miscellaneous suburbs thanks to a haywire GPS unit, LOL!), reaching Nobby’s Beach at around 8.45am.

Nobby’s Beach was where the Pasha Bulker famously ran aground in June last year.

Around 16 Vettes were in attendance. Rusty had arranged blocked off parking along the promenade, which provided a show for the local Sunday strollers-by as, meanwhile, we ate a hearty brunch from the surf club café at picnic tables overlooking the beach.

The weather at Nobby’s was fantastic.

Around midday the intrepid 5 set off in the sun for the return leg to Sydney only to be greeted about half way by a deluge that had the F3 traffic bumper to bumper in sections.

It’s times like that when I wish I’d put the rag top up earlier instead of trying to outrun the rain, but convertible drivers are eternal optimists when it comes to the weather.

Thanks to Rusty for organising the day out and thanks to all the participants. It was great to catch up with our Northern brothers and sisters who don’t get down to see us often enough.

72vet took lots of pictures, so look out for a selection of those in the picture gallery in due course.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Breaky run
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 01:40:19 PM »

;51 with you gtc  was a great day for a run up north and again thanks Rusty for oganising the parking.

Here are some of the pictures.

The rest can be viewed Here
;42
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline RJ7868

• Tri Powered
    • http://www.rustys.com.au
Breaky run
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »

More pictures can be seen here...
[/url]
Skype Username: rusdeb