Technical Tips > Post 84

What brand of speaker is recommended for C4 ?

(1/2) > >>

Stingraynut:
I'm replacing the Bose in my 88. I've read many tech tips on the subject and had some great advice on CorvetteForum.

My Cd player is a Sony 4x50watt -I'm considering adding an amp also but not subwoofers etc

I'm very out of touch with what are good value brands - On CorvetteForum I mentioned some local brands - Pioneer Kenwood Sony and was told "they are the  Honda Civics, Toyota Corollas, and Hyundai Elantras. (Your standard low cost low flavor utalitarian stuff)"

I'm planning to put 6x9" in the rear and 6.5" in the doors - can any Aussie audiophiles help with some info on good quality speakers ?

TIA

S'nut

Brutus:
Our American Corvette bretheren don't like anything to do with "Ricers", but just take a look at who has the biggest and the best as far as audio equipment is concerned......Ricers!

Tom Matic:
I'll join in with another question.

Where can I get new or good condition second hand speaker covers for the speakers in the baggage compartment?  (1986 Bose)

I've surfed the net for suppliers in the States but have not had any luck - maybe I just didn't find the right site/supplier

77CVT:
Sony (speakers) are not what they used to be!  I would buy Kenwood over Pioneer as some of the 6x9 can be good value.  

It depends what you want and how many $$ I guess.  A good amp will make half decent speakers sound great!  Make sure you have decent speaker cable and an appropriate power lead to the amp - not the crappy stuff they give you with the box.

Cheers

Vette Obsessed:
I'm still trying to get my head around about what brands are still considered "good" as opposed to what was good six years ago when I was into car audio but the one thing I have heard more than once is that Sony car audio is no longer as good as it once was.

Tom, for what it's worth, I sometimes have luck trying local Corvette places for little pieces like that - it might be worth checking locally as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version