Author Topic: Post 84 corvette museum  (Read 7514 times)

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« on: May 21, 2003, 06:38:48 PM »
just  got  the  latest  package  from  my  favourite  shop  in  the  world............I  got  two  little  black  books, one  original  colour   dealer  brochure  for  my  88  conv  and  low  and  behold  the a  copy  of  the  original  shipping  document  with  all  the  options   and  even  the  date  and  time  and  the  final  dealer  it  went  too......................sorry  for  being  vette  obsessed  but  just  had  to  share  my  good  fortune  ;););););)

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 06:44:41 PM »
I'm impressed! and dare I say it you are too!!! Good for you Fella! ;35

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 07:03:12 PM »
thanks  dave,  hope  we  meet  someday  mate  ;);)

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 10:22:45 PM »
I guess I can possibly to held to blame for not introducing you two guys at Canberra on the track day. Dave was the guy with the silly smile on his dial and water dripping out of every orifice.....from his car that is.:22
That skid pan looked like fun....I still have the video too Dave.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 07:12:37 PM »
The skid pan was fun, tho I'm still cleaning muck from my Corvette as a result. Can't wait to see your vid of all the stuff you got Brutus. It was a really good weekend I had there in Canberra, missed most of the night life put on by the Canberra Club, but managed to catch up with loads of old friends from school instead. :drink

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 07:35:10 PM »
Dave....what  year  vette  have  you  got...tell me  about  it  ;););)

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 08:53:12 PM »
It is quite a story John. I bought it in 2000 after playing too many playstation games! No really I have always loved American cars and always thought a Corvette was way out of my league, until... I met a bloke who imports wrecks, I was actually after a Comaro, and he says come and look at his wrecked Corvettes, all in various states of dismemberment and ofcourse LHD. I bought a 1979 LHD with no engine or gearbox. It was stuffed! Literally with spiders and mould and junk. The first few months of having it in my garage most of my friends and to a certain extent myself, all thought I was quite mad! I'm not bad with a spanner and thought I would do some of the conversion myself, other bits by professionals. I got quotes and was horrified at the costs involved. I'd worked hard to get a mortgage and I wasn't going to give that up! I then, by more luck than anthing else, met a really good bloke who I can honestly say is one of my best friends now. He had converted two C3's in his garage, turned up at my place after work one day with some oxy acetaline equipment and started cutting holes in my beloved Corvette! He said "Now you have started!" And he was right, I decided it was no good fearing that "ghost in the machine" and to do the job, no matter how long it would take. The rest is history, I converted it, had it engineered and registered, and more recently painted it myself! Am I proud? You bet I am!!! I have done all the work on my 79 Corvette (except for wheel alignments and I had the dizzy regraphed recently!) I love these Corvettes, no matter what year!!!! Can't get enough of them, and I don't mind helping others with theirs and hearing other peoples stories and things they get for theirs. Like the documentation you recently managed to get your hands on!!
I got flogged in every drag race at Canberra, didn't care! I found out recently Corvettes of my ilk have a stall converter of 2200rpm (correct me if I am wrong!) When I put the transmission in mine I had never had a care with auto so knew nothing about them, so put a standard one in which from memory is a 1200rpm stall. So it bogs down a bit off the mark.
I am dreaming of some new heads as the bottom end of the motor is pretty tuff. 4 bolt mains and flat top pistons. A lot of people reckon ya don't need four bolt mains on a street engine, but I did 'cause I felt like it!
Hope you like my story!:22:drink:22

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 11:18:27 PM »
dave.........THAT  WAS A  GREAT  STORY  MATE...BIG  CONGRATS.......after  doing a  body  of  resto  on  my  last  vette  (  71  big  block )  with  enormous  amounts  of  help  from  mates  I  know  how  proud  you  should  feel  ;););););)

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 08:18:18 AM »
I still reckon Dave deserves an encouragement award!:o
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 08:54:11 PM »
Cheers Guys any encouragement goes along way and really appreciate the help I got from my friends. Although a lot of them are not into Corvettes I punished them lots!!! After getting it on the road nearly two years ago, some friends reckon they have only just started talking to me again!!!! Why I otta!!
Johnny - how long did the body off resto take? Now that is a big job, well worth bragging about!! ;35

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2003, 07:33:09 AM »
Sounds like I need to have a Corvette day at my place soon so everyone can free their soul and eat BBQ snags....sorry the pool is a bit cool right now, but I could fire up the spa instead.:20
You should see the gathering of cars here on the weekend with just my son's mates here. It's gotta be my turn soon.:b2
BOB

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2003, 08:13:09 PM »
bob..wait  till  black  beauty  is  ready  and a  barby  we  will  go  heheheheheh........DM  it  took  five  frustrating,late  nights,  copious  amount  of  swearing,  too  much  money  and we  just  about  replaced,  rebiult,  re  panel  beated,re  ordered,  re  chromed,  re  cleaned  the  whole  bloody  thing,  in  the  end  I  quite  hated  the  car,  but  then  fell  in  love  with  her,YEARS      I  hope  the  c4  coming  treats  me  better....please  please  please  vettegod  be  nice  to  me  lolololololololol

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2003, 08:32:37 PM »
Five bleedin' hearted Years John? Now that is a very big effort!! Wish I'd been there to see it!!!
Brutus - Stop teasing me, lets do it soon!!!! Heheheheh hahahaha:22;34;laugh:22;laugh;34

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2003, 09:57:14 PM »
;34...tomorrow then.:b2
BOB

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2003, 10:22:39 PM »
:o it!!
I'm going to Bella Vista, Iwas hoping you were too!! Put you in a wheel chair and it's the only time I'd get to push you around!! :20

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Post 84 corvette museum
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2003, 06:06:17 AM »
Looks like too much rain for either at the moment. I hope it's a lot drier for you at the show than it is here right now.  6.00am and it's persistantly precipitating here by the bucket load.
BOB