Author Topic: It sure has been a while...  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
It sure has been a while...
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »
Hi All,
Not only has it been a while since I've been here in the forums, it's also been a while since I got the vette out and gave it some love and took it around the streets of my area. I'd say about 6 months since it had a wash etc, and about 3 since I took it out). Anyway, girlfriend was more than keen to help me scrub it up, and here are a few shots afterwards:

On another note, I am going to be rego'ing the car LHD early next year so am needing to hook in and do the necessary mods. From what I can gather I need to:

lo beam dips to the left
rear indicators orange
side pipes off and stock pipes on
new windscreen (it's badly cracked along the bottom)

Also want to put the car on LPG (don't want to spend mega bucks doing this though).

And also need driver side (that is, left) door handle (red preferred), and want to replace the seats as they are cracking pretty badly (or just get them retrimmed).

So yeah, plenty to do, don't know where to start, don't know what to budget for everything... help! :)

Matt

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v290/ThunderKiss/
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
...and pump up the rear tyre. ;39

It looks great ;35
I bet you can't wait to get it registered and fit a number plate - wait a minute...

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:55 PM »
Hello stranger ;39

Looking good.  Now the weather is getting warmer you will have to get out in the beast more.  Nice pics

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:22 PM »
a while indeed

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 08:54:52 AM »
Just get an orange globe for the blinker? And try and get away with side pipes... others have been passed with them before! Just show a picture to the engineer of other models similar to yours in the US with some pipes on and tell the engineeer that it was an option on your car....see if he falls for it?
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 05:05:45 PM »
On the rear tyre thing, believe me I tried, not one of the 3 servos in my area had air and I couldn't be bothered going outside my area to find a servo that did. gonna have to buy one of those travel ones that runs off the cigarette lighter i reckon...

as for convincing the engineer, the local engineer is a clever guy, i've spoken to him before about some of this stuff and he's clued up. unless i want to travel to sydney to do it, if there are any guys down there that will turn a blind eye to side pipes :)

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »
ok, so, not much help so far ;) did a bit of a search around for clear or amber rear lights, didn't turn up much though. have spoken to a guy a while ago about getting a replacement windscreen, gonna set me back a few hundred. Need new hi beams but will just get them from repco or something...

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
I had a new screen fitted by O' brien glass at botany about 5 years ago for my 78 they actually make them. I think retail was about $1100 supply & fit fortunately I knew some one who worked for them so I got staff discount from memory $550 cash

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:22:34 PM »
Is the interior red or burgundy I have a set of seats which are quite usable not split in burgundy. They were removed as i changed interior trim to black

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »
Originally posted by jolinari
for a minute i thought that you car is for sale on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1977-Chev-Corvette_W0QQitemZ320167451099QQihZ011QQcategoryZ45626QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ouch, that car needs a bit of love. I'm lucky in that mine was in excellent knick when it arrived, particularly for the bucks I paid. i'm definitely stoked that i bought the one that i did.

as for the glass, a guy quoted me between 3 and 4 hundred for the glass alone, then obviously i'd need to find someone to fit it. think that works out pretty good for the money.

and as for the interior, i wouldn't know what the difference is between the red and the burgundy. I think it's red, though my girlfriend says it's burgundy :p who knows