Author Topic: Gear reduction starter  (Read 10631 times)

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2003, 06:25:57 PM »
Brutus - Good to hear they have released you and hope you are doing well! How long off work do you have?

Scott81 - Thanks for the good advice, I have a Holden commodore that has had the same problem for years, apparently they came from the factory like it! With my Corvette the starter was sometimes simply refusing and had recently taken up smoking! Blew one of the fusible links and that was the last straw! ;38

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2003, 06:29:21 PM »
Brutus I paid $375 including GST and got it from Suburban Imports, dunno where it is made or by who, it does come with a spec. and test sheet, all written in English, which does not mean much.

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2003, 10:25:29 PM »
All the way over to Brookvale/Manly eh? They've always got plenty of stuff there, but I've never actually been over there to check them out.......maybe when I take some LSL....;laugh
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2003, 07:04:21 PM »
Yup, I was working nearby and slipped over to the shop after work one arvo. While I was there, three other people were buying new starter motors as well. I missed out and had to return a few days later when they had got some more! They told me they were popular! As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, Suburban Imports will courier one to you, pretty sure for nix. And you could not be too much older than me Brutus, I am up for long service leave as well. Got too much work to do so I'm thinking of just getting the cash, hot up the 'vette and hopefully have some left for the mortgage and credit card fiasco!!! :drink

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2003, 08:14:16 AM »
I might give them a call soon and ask them about a 200R4 trans to replace my TH350. I want one of those on hand before I do my engine rebuild.
Btw, I think I might have the odd year on you yet Dave.....I'm over the hill and doing the actions now.....50 last January, but don't tell Scott81 that. He thinks I'm younger than him......and I look it too.:22
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2003, 09:15:29 PM »
Brutus- I didn't think it was much... just a mere 10 years!!! :22;laugh:22
The bloke at Suburban Imports is OK I reckon, he can seem a bit blunt at first.
Oh and.... are you selling me your AFR heads yet? :v

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2003, 07:28:19 AM »
Originally posted by david_moore
Oh and.... are you selling me your AFR heads yet? :v

NOPE!:b4
BOB

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2003, 08:37:40 PM »
Well that's OK, If the Aussie Dollar goes to 70cents I'm going to the US myself!!!:22

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
Gear reduction starter
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2003, 10:01:22 PM »
Me too.....look out Scott!;):22:)
BOB