Author Topic: club registration  (Read 4271 times)

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
club registration
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:26:08 PM »
hey all can i get the low down on club registration,like how much does it cost per year,can you drive your car dialy without permision in a restricted areas from were you live,do you have to be a memger of this club,if so does it have to be a corvette.a mate of mine has a 68 pontiac and wants to know all about it.and it would be good to get a heads up on the forum about it for our club members.

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
club registration
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »
Not sure if the Laws are different in NSW and VIC, but here in VIC with club rego, I'm pretty sure you are only aloud to drive to certified club events and repair places and a max of 30 a year?? (a bit vague on exact figures) Something like that anyway.

Someone else will chime in hopefully that actually knows what they are talking about.

There is however here in VIC a new/proposed set of laws that will enable unlimited use as long as te car is ok'd by an authorised check person and you keep a log book every time the car is driven.

Also with club rego - I'm pretty sure you don't have to meet roadworthy, as long as the car is safe, all is well.

Like I said, I'm a bit vague on the details, someone else will know more than I.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »
thank's demonx,hopefully danielle  could chime in and give us a run down;51

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
club registration
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 07:45:28 PM »
Danielle does not come on the forum very often.  You would be better to call her.  I suggest that a text message to her mobile would be the way to go.

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 02:21:29 PM »
no ,no can do the missus put a block on std & mobile calls(kids),so what about mr persistant,you have club rego,how about chimeing in there.;32

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 03:28:56 PM »
HISTORIC VEHICLE POLICY
APRIL 2002

1.   BACKGROUND

1.1.   This policy has been produced by the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) in conjunction with the Council of Motor Clubs, the Council of Heritage Motor Clubs NSW, the Old Motoring Club, the XW-XY Falcon Owners Club, the Classic Italian Motorcycle Club and the Velocette Owners Club.

1.2.   The RTA registers historic vehicles under the Conditional Registration scheme, which provides the vehicle with limited access to the road network and Compulsory Third Party insurance cover.  Historic vehicles registered under this scheme are exempt from the payment of stamp duty, motor vehicle tax and national charges.  

1.3.   Conditional registration is only an option for historic vehicles if the registered operator of the vehicle is a member of an RTA recognised historic vehicle Club and the vehicle’s use of the road network is restricted.

2.   ELIGIBILITY

2.1.   An historic vehicle must be 30 years of age or older as from the year of manufacture.

2.2.   Vehicles must be as close to original condition as possible, with NO alterations except for safety features such as seat belts and turn indicators or period accessories and options, if desired.

2.3.   The registered operator must be a member of an RTA recognised historic vehicle Club.  Proof of Club membership must be provided to the RTA prior to establishing or renewing conditional registration.

3.   VEHICLE ROADWORTHINESS

3.1.   A vehicle operating under the scheme must be declared roadworthy by:  

   a Safety Inspection Report (pink slip) issued by an Authorised Inspection Station examiner; or

3.2.   If the Club is over 2 years old, the authorising member must hold relevant mechanical knowledge.

   a Club Declaration of Roadworthiness issued by a member of the Club

4.   VEHICLE USE

4.1.   Vehicles can only be used for events organised by their Club, another Club or recognised community organisations provided an official invitation has been received and documented by the Club in the official minutes, or the official ‘Day Book’.

4.2.   Vehicles can also be used on a road or road related area for the following reasons:

   For servicing within a short distance from their place of garaging;
   For the inspection of the vehicle;

4.3.   If a longer journey is necessary, the member must notify the Club Secretary so that they can enter the details in the Club’s official ‘Day Book’ or minutes.

4.4.   Any Club member wishing to use their vehicles for the carriage of persons to or from a wedding or reception should first check their legal obligation under the Passenger Transport Act 1990 with the Taxi & Hire Car Bureau of the Department of Transport, Parramatta on (02) 9689 8888.  The Club must also authorise the use of the vehicle for this purpose.

4.5.   Vehicles must display conditional registration number plates and a current registration label.

4.6.   Name bars may be affixed to the number plate provided the positioning of the name bar does not obscure the number plate.

5.   CONDITIONS

5.1.   Historic vehicles registered under the conditional registration scheme are subject to the following conditions of operation:

   “Registered operator must be a member of an authorised motoring club.”
   “Use only in conjunction with an authorised club event or maintenance.”

5.2.   Other conditions may be applied as required.

5.3.   The Certificate of Approved Operations, detailing the conditions applicable to the operation of the vehicle, must be carried in the vehicle whenever the vehicle is used on a road or road related area.

6.   GENERAL

6.1.   Motor cars, tourers and limousines can only carry one person per seating position.  Seat belts must be worn, where fitted.  Buses can carry only 7 passengers except for special events and with specific approval from the RTA.

6.2.   This policy applies to NSW Clubs.  All members must be financial members and be NSW residents.

6.3.   Vehicles registered under the scheme may operate temporarily in other states and territories, under the same conditions as apply in NSW.  Temporarily is considered to be 3 months continuously.

6.4.   Interstate vehicles (operating under a similar scheme in their home state/territory) may be driven in NSW if they legally comply with the rules and Regulations of their permit/registration.

TAKEN FROM http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nsw/tmp/hist_veh_policy.doc

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
club registration
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
Thanks Joe. ;42
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
club registration
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »
I just spoke to Danielle about if she could put something up for us.  I'll buzz her back and tell her it's all done.

Good one Joe.

www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 05:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
Good one Joe.

Originally posted by Vette Obsessed
Thanks Joe. ;42

No worries ;42

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »
thank you so much joe,now just 2 quesions,i do hate to be a pian in the proverbial but,how much per year and can my mate with the 68 pontiac jion our club ,he would particapate in our runs?

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
club registration
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »
Pontiac.....Corvette.  See the problem. :grr ;39

I'm sure there would be a Pontiac club that could help him out.

Here ya go CLICK ME and CLICK ME TOO

www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
club registration
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 06:14:47 PM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
can my mate with the 68 pontiac join our club ,he would particapate in our runs?

I don't see any issues as far as the club goes if your friend wants to join for club rego Glenn, as far as I know there aren't any legal implications about you friend not owning a Corvette if he wants to obtain club registration via our club. ;42

Having said that, your friend may be better served if he looks at a Pontiac specific club. ;42

One other factor to consider is that you need to be a member of our club for a set period (I think it is 12 months) before you can get club rego through our club.
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
club registration
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 06:28:13 PM »
all good guy's i will let him know ,thanks for all the info