Author Topic: Convention 2007 More comraderie from Convention  (Read 4442 times)

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
Convention 2007 More comraderie from Convention
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:38:21 PM »
This was just another small story I thought should be told! Harry (Black 76) was just about to put his other wheels with street drag tyres on when he realised that he had not bought along his rallye wheel nuts! He didnt have his Rallye nuts because  he had alloy aftermarket wheels! Guess what...I'd forgot my nuts for my rallye wheels for the burnout! So I also had to put my burnout on hold!
So Harry and Daniella took off in the hire car in search of 7/16 nuts on an easter Sunday! Supercheap had only 1 set of 5 nuts! so he had to find some more. Off they went again and somehow???? found 4 sets, after an hour or so of looking around!
Harry arrived back...we both put our wheels on and OFF we went! Harry posted the 2nd quickest (I think?) time of the day and I managed to make some smoke! Happy days all round!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
Re: Convention 2007 More comraderie from Convention
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:51:49 PM »
good to here...whats the bet if you couldnt get any nuts another c3 owner not racing would have taken the nuts off...(non pun intended)

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 11:55:14 PM »
From what I have heard about how everyone pulled together up there I reckon your right nifty.

Thanks for that 69DR.  Would have been a big loss if we didn't see that burn out.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 09:37:41 AM »
:v:v

Offline FLY GRL

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Nifty, I am very sorry to inform you that you are mistaken - hence the driving around for several hours to find wheel nuts...

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
Originally posted by FLY GRL
Nifty, I am very sorry to inform you that you are mistaken - hence the driving around for several hours to find wheel nuts...

your kidding??? damn i would have lent some if i had some on the spot...that REALLY suprises me......

Offline FLY GRL

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »
Thanks Nifty ... to quote Garfield (the cat) ... the world is like a jar of chocolate chip cookies, a few chocolate chips and lots of crumbs ... (you're one of the chocolate chips nifty);)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 10:45:42 PM »
Originally posted by FLY GRL
Thanks Nifty ... to quote Garfield (the cat) ... the world is like a jar of chocolate chip cookies, a few chocolate chips and lots of crumbs ... (you're one of the chocolate chips nifty);)

most people say im the "nut in the middle"
haha...seriously....what was 69dr going to do with some borrowed nuts???? steal them or damage then?? give me a break.when i raced karts ive borrowed a whole engine(and blew it up) tyres and even a whole kart when mine snapped once..and i hardly knew the bloke....i raced against him..i made the final and he didnt.finished 2nd.

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 10:49:38 PM »
What I want to know............who is the jar? ;53
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au