Author Topic: warning on c3 rear suspension  (Read 6472 times)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
warning on c3 rear suspension
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 10:19:39 PM »
Originally posted by Chromie
Originally posted by nifty
Originally posted by 77CVT
An accident waiting to happen!  They wouldn't have held much longer.

agree with that...the other DID snap.

;51 I mean this will all due respect, but what can one say here, but the reliability of a vehicle depends upon its maintainance, and judging by the pictures it was due for replacement "YEARS" ago;53
It appears that a lot of people sometimes never think they sould just simply look around and under their vehicle;37, if you see suspension rubber out of shape or cracked replace it;30, if you see rust or cracks in chassis rail or suspension parts attend to it:mmm, if you see unsecured wires near exhaust secure it;38, if you are topping up the cooling system,engine oil, brake fluid there is something seriously wrong so at least get it seen too so you at least know what the problem is and if it is dangerous or not.;50
After all it never hurts to at least know how bad a problem/fault is;48

totally agree with that.pud has had the car for 6 mths.....he doesnt know a great deal about corvettes.he has wanted one for a long time,but i think his heart got in the way of his eyes.it is a nice car,but i would say the maintenance is a bit lax.pud is on it,but these things take time.the body is very nice,the interior needs work,engine is worked and tough,but as i said...heart before eyes.

Offline Chromie

• Tri Powered
    • www.corvette.net.au
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 11:30:45 PM »
Hi Nifty;42
Yep I agree with that:23
I did the same with my first Corvette;mmm
Lucky for me I knew what had to be done before it did me on the side of the road;50

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »
Let's face it, most vettes need a fair bit of work.  My first one looked in really good nick but as I started looking closer I found things like garden hose for a fuel line!  ;30

It doesn't cost much to replace bits here and there, unless you a mechanical gumby and have to get someone to change things like your oil, then it can add up.