Author Topic: Our recent dirty weekend in Tasmania  (Read 3715 times)

Offline smokem

• Four Barrel
Our recent dirty weekend in Tasmania
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »
We came across a few cars of interest. This beautiful 69 belongs to a gentleman by the name of Vince , he is also the proud owner of other Corvettes the 67 being one of them.
This vehicle is original .

67 is something else , Vince is what you call a collector of art .

Other vehicles on display .This Camaro is hard to get, 350 in 67 but rs-ss option also

This is the town of Stanley we stayed 2 days . Found no screwdrivers, levels or tapes .

This is called the NUT where you show off your nut I guess

Magnificent countryside

STOP ACTING STUPID!
WE'VE GOT POLITICIANS TO DO THAT
[/i]

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »
yummy on all of them.i went to tassy on my honeymoon in 1988...fantastic place,but definatly not the place for a manual gearbox car...too hilly.

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:48:04 PM »
What a coincidence, i just got back from 'Van Diemans Land' yesterday. Absolutely beautiful place, heaps to see and lots to learn.
Great touring roads that will definitely keep your mind on the job, though as nifty says a manual gearbox isn't really recommended neither is lowered suspension for that matter.
Very laid back society where people have the time to say g'day with a smile or explain the tourist attractions.
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:22:30 PM »
agree with that....we done the west coast.launseston,hobart and scamander.them log truck drivers are nuts.
we met a couple also on there honeymoon,he was 5 ft 6 and she 3 ft 8.a midget....everywhere we went we kept bumping into them,i got plenty of slaps from my missus,because i could not not stop laughing at the sight of them.launsecton is a funny place,airport is nowhere near the city.we got lost and ended up in a place called perth.scamander was a let down, huge motel,in a town of 1000 people.NOTHING to do.we left early,about 2 hrs before a surfer got his leg bitten  off by a great white .

Offline smokem

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
Like a time warp but the little we seen makes you appreciate what things are like without big development .No cops on the roads that i saw . And if you asked me to describe a Tasy cop i couldn't never seen one . Would go back in a heartbeat .

STOP ACTING STUPID!
WE'VE GOT POLITICIANS TO DO THAT
[/i]

Offline MrPersistent

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 02:46:52 PM »
Originally posted by smokem
Like a time warp but the little we seen makes you appreciate what things are like without big development .No cops on the roads that i saw . And if you asked me to describe a Tasy cop i couldn't never seen one . Would go back in a heartbeat .
Mabe they could not keep up;41;41;41

Miss Daisy[/size]

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »
haha.just remembered...when we went i got asked by a work mate what the money conversion rate was.hahaha

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »
Thats really nice week-end getaway...Love Tasmania so relaxing and thats 69 looks terrific!

was a vet show on? did you go specially for that?