Author Topic: Look what TRJ has been up to  (Read 66984 times)

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
Look what TRJ has been up to
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:53:42 PM »
I've been yapping via e-mail with my mate in the states TRJ.  I'm sure you all remember him.

He is just a little excited.  Thouight I'd share the e-mails with you all.

"G'day Cam,

Haven't talked to you for a while, and thought I would update you on the progress with my Corvette. You recall last Summer I purchased a new 2007 C6.  My plans were to add a "Maggie" supercharger to it over our Winter months...well, I thought about it, talked about it, researched the hell out of it, and decided against it.  Yesterday I pulled the trigger and dropped the 50% deposit check to Lingenfelter Performance Engineering for their 427 CID 550/560 N/A package. Signed the contract and faxed it to them, and my car will be picked up early next week by Autobhan Transport for the 3 hour drive down to LPE's facility.

In addition to the 427 big block conversion, they will be installing the Z06 Brake System for me, building up the Trans. & Diff. Dynatech ceramic-coated headers with Corsa Exhaust system, CCW high polished wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. Front: P275/35/ZR 18" and Rear: P345/30/ZR 19"  To accommodate these big rear tires, their installing the Z06 flared rear fenders on the car.  Having some electric Cobalt Blue gauges ( A/F ratio, & fuel press.) put on the pillar. Bilstien Shocks all around.(Stops wheel-hop) Tunnel plate, for additional strength, and heat deflection, and sound and heat insulation put in the rear also.

Of course the car will be professionally tuned for all these changes by the Lingenfelter Engineers. Should end up with about 520 rwhp and 506 rwtq.  I think I will be much better off with a N/A "built" car like this, vs just dropping a SC on top of the motor.  ( I could always drop a SC on top of this 427 at a later date, and just spin around in circles :grr

Well, that's about it, sorry for the length of this, I got carried away. No secret to this, so mention it to anyone you care to. They say that I should have the car back in 4 to 5 weeks.

Best regards,

Ted  (TRJ)

The second e-mail was

"Hi Cam,

Thought you might be interested in what's in the 427 package.

Ted (TRJ)

CLICK THE PIC FOR A LARGER VIEW IN A NEW WINDOW

Third e-mail

"Hi Cam,

Short update, here's a pic of the C6 "mouse" just about ready to leave for the "rat" factory!

What do you think of the enclosed "portrait" as a temporary Avatar, till my car returns?  If you agree, would you mind using your Avatar skills and installing it for me? I think I have it resized correctly (?)

Work will begin on the car Monday morning...should be done approx. 3rd or 4th week in Feb.

Thanks much,
Cheers,
Ted  (TRJ)

Fourth E-mail

"My mouth is starting to water...(see attachment)

TRJ

Get your rear end in here and keep the gang posted TRJ.

I'll get onto you avata ASAP.

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:00:47 AM »
Good on you TRJ!!! mm wonder what time will he do down the quarter :flower

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:02:31 AM »
Originally posted by jolinari

Thanks Jo,  Hope you and all the gang are well, and have survived the Holiday's. Sorry to have taken up so much of your Forum space with the info on the C6 package that I'm doing. When Cam posts something, he does so in grand fashion..:grr

I've tried to give this a lot of thought before commiting to the package with LPE. Originally, I was just going to drop a Maggie SC on the stock motor and leave it go at that, but after really looking into it, I decided the N/A way would be best. LPE will start work on the car Monday morning, and has promised to keep me updated with emails and pics as it  progresses, which I'll relay to this Forum, for those who might be interested.  Best regards, TRJ..;42

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 08:08:07 AM »
Originally posted by TRJ

Thanks Jo,  Hope you and all the gang are well, and have survived the Holiday's. Sorry to have taken up so much of your Forum space with the info on the C6 package that I'm doing. When Cam posts something, he does so in grand fashion..:grr

uhhh, TRJ... Some of us love this sort of thing!

Originally posted by TRJ
I've tried to give this a lot of thought before commiting to the package with LPE. Originally, I was just going to drop a Maggie SC on the stock motor and leave it go at that, but after really looking into it, I decided the N/A way would be best. LPE will start work on the car Monday morning, and has promised to keep me updated with emails and pics as it all progresses, which I'll relay to this Forum, for those who might be interested.  Best regards, TRJ..;42

Looking at the power you are getting, NA looks to be the way to go.  I doubt you'd get those power figures from a maggie without going inside the motor anyway.

I look forward to more updates. :v :spook
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:18 AM »
Naturally aspirated big cubic inches is the way to go. All the performance without the clutter. Keep us posted TRJ
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »
V.O.,Jo, Madvet,  
Thanks for your comments, it's really good to hear from you again..;42  I'll be sure to add all the progress updates, and pics that I can squeeze out of the Lingenfelter people that will be working on my car...I'm supposed to be getting before and after dyno sheets when available, and progressive pics of the motor install.

Tomorrow morning, they will start hauling my LS2 motor out, and preparing the new LS7 block. They stock the CCW wheels normally, the tires will be ordered from Michelin, they also have the Z06 rear fenders in stock. They also have a state of the art Paint Shop. One of the last things to be done will be the Dynatech Supermaxx Ceramic coated headers, at a facility a few miles from their main building. More to come...:evil  Thanks again for your interest guy's...;42

Here's what my exhaust system tips will look like. The mesh in the middle is the cold air intake for the mufflers..;eek..J/K

Some of the engine assembly items:

JE forged aluminum pistons, Callies forged steel crankshaft, Manley forged steel connecting rods..:spook

[img=700x378]http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/corvette/2007/photogallery/popup_ext_gallery27.jpg[/img]

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
too good!!!! looking forward to other pics especially (if you could) the one from inside the factory...TRJ Will they let you take some pics while they are working on it?

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 05:48:17 PM »
Yes Jo, they have invited me down to their location, and will give me a tour of the entire facility. No problem watching them work on my car and taking some pics thru out the place.
They have been super hospitable to me, they will even dig thru their archives for C6 dyno graphs to compare my results with others for comparison sake. They said they would pick me up at the Fort Wayne Airport, which is very close to them, if I should choose to fly down rather than drive.  About a 20-25 minute flight from O'hare Airport.  I'll definitely go and take mucho pics, which I will post of course...:22

I didn't mention this in previous posts, it's relatively new for them...:luv

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 05:51:23 PM »
Originally posted by TRJ
Yes Jo, they have invited me down to their location, ...............:22

good stuff! keep us tuned

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 09:14:28 PM »
lifes good in the states trj,keep the posts comeing,good to see the passion is still there.:25

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:31:38 PM »
Hmmmm.  This might be time to dig up the Rat Pack thread and see what they have to say about this new mouse project.  Now where did I put that thread....ahhh here it is.  Let the battle continue.

CLICK ME to battle with the RAT PACK ;41

www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41:40 AM »
Further info on the above Lingenfelter 427 CID 550/560 package...

This will be the cam that will be used in the package. Designed by Lingenfelter, here are the specs:
GT11 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
215/231 duration @ .050 .631/.644 with 1.7 ratio rocker arms 118.0 CL with dual valve springs.

Next to the Cam is the High Flow Cold Air Intake that will be used, which shows a 12 RWHP gain on "stock" engines, and even higher gains on "modified" engines. A very factory look.

The "Fast" 3 piece composite Intake Manifold is used, having a 90mm Throttle Body. Increases both volume and velocity of intake airflow. Used on all the larger displacement engines.
Next to the Intake Manifold is the Headers that will be used. Dynatech Supermaxx Ceramic coated stainless steel, long tube, 1 7/8", with high flow cats.

Also a new drop-in 160 degree thermostat.   And next to it, the C6 Heavy-Duty right side differential output shaft, with gear. And below, the Corsa Sport Exhaust system which will connect up behind the Headers. And next to them, the Cylinder Heads and the Heavy Duty Differential output shaft left side, and below, the great LS7 Aluminum Block.

This makes Lingenfelter THE choice for serious engine work:

LINK: http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_fact.htm

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 08:56:32 PM »
more and more serious stuff!;55

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 05:41:21 AM »

Lingenfelter called me this morning and said that they could not repair my brakes....so they made my horn louder...;41

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 08:03:23 AM »
Brakes!!?......Who needs brakes?.........They only just stop all the fun;54
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 09:36:18 AM »
Originally posted by TRJ

Lingenfelter called me this morning and said that they could not repair my brakes,,,,so they made my horn louder...;41

May be you get them to fit some Dive brakes.........since you will be flying in that thing once it's on the road. ;35

www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
Originally posted by TRJ

Lingenfelter called me this morning and said that they could not repair my brakes,,,,so they made my horn louder...;41

May be you get them to fit some Dive brakes.........since you will be flying in that thing once it's on the road. ;35

They had these to offer Cam...;53

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »
Latest LPE update, 24-1-'07

Seems that there is a lengthy "check in" procedure on the car, which has been done...then they ran it on the dyno and established a RWHP & RWTQ "baseline" so we'll have that for comparison when they are all done. Most all required parts are in, still a few to arrive.  Z06 LS7 Aluminum Block is being prepared. Paint Shop should be preparing the Z06 Fenders.

Looks like all the preparations are being taken care of this week, then Monday, the engine comes out and the serious work begins. I'm expecting the baseline dyno graph, and a few pics of the engine coming out, which I will post as soon as I get them.

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 06:18:08 AM »
Here's a seperate pic of the great LS7 Aluminum Block that will be used....:spook:spook..a lot of custom preparation is done to it before all the engine parts are added.

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »
Here's a good comparison photo of the stock C6 Exhaust Manifold vs Longtube Headers. No wonder there is a significant increase in HP & TQ, ( 25-30) Save about half the weight also. Courtesy of CF..;eek

[img=700x525]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w72/jjohn918/P1011631.jpg[/img]