Help With This Forum > Forum Help Desk

How To Use The Quote Button

(1/3) > >>

Cameron 77C3:

The quote button is a feature that allows you to quote a comment from a previous post into your post.

The biggest problem that comes up using the quote button is that people do not scroll to the very bottom of the quote.  This means that the message that you are trying to type in  ends up in the middle of the quote instead of after it.

So for an example I'll quote and reply to this post.  (see next post)[/align]

Cameron 77C3:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Cameron 77C3

The quote button is a feature that allows you to quote a comment from a previous post into your post.

The biggest problem that comes up using the quote button is that people do not scroll to the very bottom of the quote.  This means that the message thay you are trying to type in  ends up in the middle of the quote instead of after it.

--- End quote ---

Here I have typed my message after the quote

Cameron 77C3:

Here I have not scrolled right to the bottom and past the quote, so my message ends up in the quote itself.
The biggest problem that comes up using the quote button is that people do not scroll to the very bottom of the quote.  This means that the message thay you are trying to type in  ends up in the middle of the quote instead of after it.

--- End quote ---

Cameron 77C3:

The message ending up in the middle of the quote usually happens when the quote is a large text field and people do not scroll to the very bottom but usually only to the first break they see in the text.  Always make sure you scroll to the very bottom of the quoted text.  You must type your message after you see the {/quote} text command.  (This is actually in [] not {}  I had to use the{} in these instructions otherwise the system would have thought I was quoting.)

Cam

[/align]

MADLT1:

The biggest problem that comes up using the quote button is that people do not scroll to the very bottom of the quote.  This means that the message that you are trying to type in  ends up in the middle of the quote instead of after it.

--- End quote ---
like this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version