Author Topic: Immobiliser / alarm / remote etc  (Read 7091 times)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
Immobiliser / alarm / remote etc
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »
damn i still cant get the hang of the quote button.

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 09:06:49 AM »
Originally posted by nifty
damn i still cant get the hang of the quote button.

Or the "edit" button to edit your old post :D

But anyway. If i went out to find a thief ready to bash my head in to steal my car I would run like hell. And hopefully wherever I am I have some mates around that can help to neutralise the situation. Or I just use my spare steering wheel lock to help neutralise the situation :)

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 03:11:29 PM »
Nifty, have a read of this.  I just put it up.  It may help you with your quoting.

CLICK ME

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline Panther

• Four Barrel
  • Car: Custom C5
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 07:28:56 AM »
there is a imobliser about, 3 of my cars are fitted with them, self arms, have to touch 2 points to access, used to be called Touch Tek, Iam looking for them again for my latest, depends on year as to what it will cut out, it can't be bypassed, if they can't start it they can't drive it, sure they can tow it, but if they do they were going to have it anway

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 12:12:48 AM »
i did see a movie once,which i cant remember what it was called,but had a car thief in it....when he got into the car there was no steering wheel.....imagne walking into the local pub with a steering wheel in your hands.bit like jumper cables tied around your neck....they will let you in as long as you dont start anything.....

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »
haha
Yeah, it's a bit impractical, some of the methods of keeping your car from being knicked. I still like the chain idea, just keep a massive chain in the back of the car, when you park it just pull the chain out and chain it around the wheels and driveshaft etc, with a big mofo of a bolt to do it up. take a bit of effort to go anywhere then :)