Author Topic: Took the \'76 to it\'s first show \'n\' shine today  (Read 4660 times)

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
Took the \'76 to it\'s first show \'n\' shine today
« on: November 26, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »
It was at the Ballarat Showgrounds.

I drove in and had people all around the car before I could even get out.

I climbed out, locked it up and got out of there. Turned around and the car had people all circling it like seagulls.

I parked next to a very tidy Orange '76. We both talked for ages and I learnt a heap from the guy. He spent about an hour going over each others cars.

There were only 4 vettes at the show. A red C2 and three C3's (red, Orange and my Black one)

Stupid me forgot to take the damn camera, wasn't a happy moment!  So I'll post pics I took the night before when I first cleaned it up.

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v290/ThunderKiss/
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 08:10:13 PM »
What type of show was it at Ballarat?  If I had have known...

If you get the chance, make sure you go to the Colac custom car & bike show on Saturday 13th January, there's always HEAPS of Vettes there.

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »
Originally posted by Thunder Kiss
What type of show was it at Ballarat?  If I had have known...

It was just a show 'n' shine. Nothing out of the ordinary, a fair few cars though.

There was a Geelong vette there, maybe you know them?. A red 1973 with a lady owner. She said shes a member of "corvettesofgeelong.com" Have you ever heard of them?

I'll look into the Colac show. Might be a good day out.

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
"I drove in and had people all around the car before I could even get out.
"

No wonder - nice ride!

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »
Nice looking beast.  First shows are always exciting.  Well  done.  Next time you go to a show take some pics and post them.

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 03:47:19 PM »
Vettes always get the crowds!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 05:22:34 PM »
When I was at the show, another vette had plate protectors and they had trimmed the plates to fit inside.

Right then and there I knew that I had to do the same, so I did. Today after work I bought some 5 digit plate protectors and trimmed the plates to fit inside.

Looks nice. I'll take pics later.

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »
Originally posted by demonx
There was a Geelong vette there, maybe you know them?. A red 1973 with a lady owner. She said shes a member of "corvettesofgeelong.com" Have you ever heard of them?

That would be Priscilla and Gordon.  They're into hot rods as well.

Yes, I have heard of Corvettes of Geelong, in fact I'm a member!  We're just a social group of Vette owners who get together at least once a month for a run, usually to a pub somewhere for lunch.  If you would like to be kept upto date with our runs just send me your email address and I'll get you added to the email list.  You're more than welcome to come to our runs.

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 09:52:23 PM »
Nice site Thunder.  I noticed that we do not have a link on our site to yours.  That is about to be rectified.

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:03:29 PM »
Originally posted by Thunder Kiss
That would be Priscilla and Gordon.  They're into hot rods as well.

Yes, I have heard of Corvettes of Geelong, in fact I'm a member!  We're just a social group of Vette owners who get together at least once a month for a run, usually to a pub somewhere for lunch.  If you would like to be kept upto date with our runs just send me your email address and I'll get you added to the email list.  You're more than welcome to come to our runs.

Yes, that was them. They seemed to be good people in the small amount of time I spoke to them.

The club sounds pretty much like what I want to get started here in Ballarat. I don't know any other vette people here but I've been thinking about advertising. I know where tere are a couple of vettes. I was going to go suss them out to see if they'd be interested.

If you want to add me email you can. I checked out the website after Priscilla told me about it. I had seen the site before but had forgotten about it.

How many vettes do you get on an average drive?

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »
Cam, I take no credit for the site - apart from suggesting this forum be included in the links area.

demonx, we usually get anywhere from 5 to 15 cars to our runs.  I imagine there would be plenty of Vettes in Ballarat, people like Murray Ryan (Ryan's glass) and Squid in Sebastapol have imported a lot of cars.  It shouldn't be too hard to "round them up".

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 06:34:26 AM »
Originally posted by Thunder Kiss people like Murray Ryan

Funny you mention Murray, the first "exotic" car I ever saw was a Murrays place when I was about 4 or 5 years old. It was a Smokey and te Bandit trans am. Murray lived 3 houses down from us until his glass business became more than a "garage" company and then he bought a huge block and moved location.

I knew he's still doing cars but he's sold the glass business a little while back. I will definately have to get in contact with him. Thanks for reminding me he existed, it had slipped my mind!

As for Squid, I've never met the guy, I figured being he's the head of a bikie gang I'd just stay away, but then he might be a good bloke. I have no idea.

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 05:43:12 PM »
Originally posted by Thunder Kisspeople like Murray Ryan

Oh my god....

I went around to Murrays place today to catch up as we havn't spoken for years. He took me to his warehouse... Lets just say it's insane.

It's like scrolling through ebay, except they are there to touch, pop the hood, sit inside. Drewl on.

He has a Red 68 there (for sale 100k) that is awesome. If you think the price is too much, just imagine how much you'd expect to pay for a 68 that looks like its never been driven. Thats what this car looks like.

He also has a Red C1 there that is imaculate. Looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. For sale 100k.

He also had a selection of other chrome bumper C3's for sale. Green, black, red. Assorted prices.

A heap of C4's, C4 convertables as well and a C5. All for sale.

I'm extremely excited and on a high right now after looking at all that candy, at one place in a private viewing! I'm going back with  a camera sometime soon.

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 10:20:37 AM »
Some pix would be great! sounds like some nice cars!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT
Some pix would be great! sounds like some nice cars!

I'll be going back maybe next week and will take some pics. Will post them for him in the for sale section (he is completely computer illiterate - still uses fax for communication!)