Author Topic: 1200HP C3  (Read 7859 times)

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
1200HP C3
« on: February 06, 2003, 10:57:18 PM »
Thought you guys might enjoy this (especially Brutus) ...

http://www.montygwilliams.com/

The site's poorly designed so will take a while to complete. This guy claims to produce 1200 HP from his '82 ..... he has a dyno certificate as proof so it must be true but it sure is a pretty tough lookin' bunch of steel in that engine bay ...

Also, check out the interior mods and the guage clusters ..

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
1200HP C3
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 08:15:10 AM »
Yeah I've followed Monty's engine build for quite a while. The guy's pretty good with his head and his hands....he's only relatively young too. 29 I think.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
1200HP C3
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 10:49:38 AM »
And with less fanfare than the Merlin project - at least he knew he could fit into his car before throwing bucketloads on $$ at it. :b2

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
1200HP C3
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 12:07:31 PM »
Chris...I know what you mean about Merlin. It's a great car, but there was something not right about the whole project from the word go.
Did you ever see the pics of the guy who painted it? No mask, no goggles and no protective overalls! He even got the owner to have a go with the spray gun.....both with no PPE! That 2 pack paint is damn nasty stuff and is illegal to use here  outside of a proper enclosed spray booth.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
1200HP C3
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 02:47:37 PM »
Brutus, I missed that.  2 pack will kill you!

Offline Monty

• http://www.montygwilliams.com
1200HP C3
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 04:29:20 AM »
Originally posted by rebel

The site's poorly designed so will take a while to complete. This guy claims to produce 1200 HP from his '82 ..... he has a dyno certificate as proof so it must be true but it sure is a pretty tough lookin' bunch of steel in that engine bay ...

Maybe it is poorly designed, but I've got more productive things to do with my time than to worry about impressing everyone with my HTML/Javascript skills.   The site is about my car and the mods that I am making, not my web skills.  I've made more effort than the vast majority of people to keep my site up to date, and I've tried to make it as easy as possible for me to maintain it in my SPARE time.  I built my site to help other CAR ENTHUSIASTS who might be interested in the details of constructing a custom turbo system.  Obviously, you would rather criticize my website and doubt my efforts than enjoy the hobby.

Oh, and if you doubt my "claims", there's nothing else I can do to substantiate it.  I've got 3 scanned Superflow 600 dyno sheets from Fast Times, a video showing a dyno pull with the Superflow dyno and console clearly visible (the video quality is lacking because I took it with a digital video camera rather than a digital camcorder, but you can still see the digital readout showing the hp), as well as first hand-accounts and eyewitnesses (many of whom are active members of the Corvetteforum).  There are even links to contact info for Fast Times.  They are a prominent machine shop/engine builder here who have fielded championship winning cars and engines and would have absolutely no reason to lie about the performance of my street car.

Offline dhegge

1200HP C3
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 03:44:59 AM »
I have been following Montys 427 TT turbo motor built for a year now and I am here to tell you that his claims and motor are real.  Anyone that would doubt him clearly does not understand anything about turbo motors.  

Monty has been instrumental in assisting with my Twin Turbo Motor as well.  375Cubic Inches 1008HP thats 877 Documented Tire Shedding RWHP.  And thats with moderate levels of Boost.  I know of guys like detweller making 1200HP out of destroked 231 cubic inch buick motors.  Monty is pushing 427 Cubic Inches.  As they say there is no substitution for displacement.  

In addition I have simulated both Monty and my Own motor on Engine Analyzer Pro and it predicted high the same horwepower numbers within 7 percent.  

As for the crack about the poorly designed website.  I really don't understand that one.  Monty has some of the best content on the Web.  He has graciously published information that was instrumental in my build up and for that I thank him.

Here is another poorly designed website and damn proud of it that depicts and substantiates the claims that I have made above.

www.jdhcon.com/vette
Doug
P.S. If you think that I am full of it, just bring your slip and well find out!

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
1200HP C3
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2003, 10:12:35 AM »
Originally posted by Monty
Originally posted by rebel

Maybe it is poorly designed, but I've got more productive things to do with my time than to worry about impressing everyone with my HTML/Javascript skills.   The site is about my car and the mods that I am making, not my web skills.  I've made more effort than the vast majority of people to keep my site up to date, and I've tried to make it as easy as possible for me to maintain it in my SPARE time.  I built my site to help other CAR ENTHUSIASTS who might be interested in the details of constructing a custom turbo system.  Obviously, you would rather criticize my website and doubt my efforts than enjoy the hobby.

Oh, and if you doubt my "claims", there's nothing else I can do to substantiate it.  I've got 3 scanned Superflow 600 dyno sheets from Fast Times, a video showing a dyno pull with the Superflow dyno and console clearly visible (the video quality is lacking because I took it with a digital video camera rather than a digital camcorder, but you can still see the digital readout showing the hp), as well as first hand-accounts and eyewitnesses (many of whom are active members of the Corvetteforum).  There are even links to contact info for Fast Times.  They are a prominent machine shop/engine builder here who have fielded championship winning cars and engines and would have absolutely no reason to lie about the performance of my street car.

Monty ... I'm sure Rebel meant absolutely no offense in his post about your car and it's power output. Unfortunately this appears to be just another example of the written word being misundertood via the computer medium and the vernacular of another country taken out of context.  
I'm not trying to apologise for Rebel's comments nor do I feel he has a need to either. I have had a few misunderstandings over written comments in various forums before purely on the fact of another's interpretation of word usage. I think you'll find that this is just another such case.
I'm fully aware of your talents and capabilities and admire them both and I trust you'll put this down to just a common misunderstanding and nothing more.
Keep up the great work.
BOB

Offline Adam

• Four Barrel
    • http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~turon/photo/index.htm
1200HP C3
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 1970, 10:00:00 AM »
"The site's poorly designed so will take a while to complete.
1980 LG4 stock 305 running LPG.

I'm a highway staaaaaarrrr...

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
1200HP C3
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 10:19:12 AM »
Sheesh Monty, take it easy!  :b2  Your site take ages to load for me as well but the content is there so I don't care.

;32

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
1200HP C3
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 09:59:59 PM »
Hey Monty, lay down your arms buddy ..... obviously the wrong choice of words on my part and they were taken too literally ..... what I meant was that it was graphic heavy and our dial up users would take some time to down load - that's all!

If I could make a suggestion, use lower resolution graphics as an indicator of the pic and then a click to enlarge. Otherwise you spend too much time downloading pics you do not intend to see. A trick I use is to add more text around the pics so that by the time you've read the words, the first set of pics have loaded etc ..

Otherwise, your work on the car was impressive and that's the reason I post it and our members enjoy it as they comment here .... it certainly wasn't a shot at anyone's html skills as this isn't an html forum and who's that skilled around here anyway!! We're more interested in cars 'round here buddy!

I'm guilty of the same graphic heavy pages sometimes and often make the comment that if it's worth the wait, I'll wait.

I'll tell ya one thing though, at least it got your attention and motivated you to post ..... Welcome to the forum ....  ;35

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
1200HP C3
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 09:29:30 PM »
Guys,

One thing I really enjoy is saving a soured relationship or changing someone's impression from a negative one to positive.

I wasn't happy with what happened here so I discussed it with Monty off line and am very pleased to say we've sorted it out.

I admitted that I came across a little condascending (unintentionally) and Monty agreed it was an over reaction.

Like me, Monty is a PMI certified IT Project Mgr so we have that in common too.

Anyway, I've invited him to give us an interview for the next EMag and he has accepted so watch out for that as it should be a great article for mods on a C3.  

Another friend made and all is well in the world again. Now, if only I can get Bush to send me to Iraq ...... ;laugh