Author Topic: Did You Know.....  (Read 5287 times)

Offline ausvette

Did You Know.....
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »
Hi Bill,

No I thought it drove like an old truck - hard to believe something so pretty could drive so bad and I've now driven a couple of other C1s and they're all the same. I've driven unrestored FJs I thought drove better - at least the suspension isn't so harsh on them. Barbara thought it was great and didn't want to do the suspension/brake upgrade. I thought she'd probably kill herself if we didn't do it. She'll probably never forgive  me for taking it off the road for the 3 year build and now its really too nice to drive. Seeing it made the Meguiars Superstars Finals we're committed now to presenting it at Sydney Motorex next year in mint condition to compete in the finals so we won't be driving it till at least after that.

I actually did the http://www.ldikustoms.com.au website for the guys who did all the paint/bodywork and turned it back into a functional car. They basically did the car for their cost price so I was wanting to help them out. I also did the story and pictures on the website about the car at http://www.ldikustoms.com.au/kreations/customs/62%20Corvette/1962%20Corvette.htm so I'm not sure I have much more to add about the build. I guess the website doesn't talk much abut the actual chassis/suspension work which KCF did as after all its LDIs website but theres probably enough there.

I have a few photos of the car in the studio for the Street Machine photo shoot and a couple of it in the sun outside a workshop so I'll post a couple of those. Sorting out continues. Since we took it to the Sydney Motorex we've made some changes to the exhaust system, motor has been half tuned, aircon gassed, had a wheel alignment this morning (3 hours !) and its dues back at LDI early next week for some touchups to the paint and then its off to the Rockhampton Motor Show. They invited us and are paying for car to be transported and our accomodation so will be interesting. Cars due to be featured in next months Cruzin and Street Machine magazines and some email pals in the US have been in touch with Corvette Fever and Corvette Enthusiast about featuring it.  I'm told the car was featured on the Cruizin show on Briz 31 this last weekend. That would have been footage of it taken at the Sydney Motorex so I guess it would have been on Sydney community TV station too. Its all happening !

BTW that was a pretty unflattering shot of the car in its present state for the poll - hardly seems a fair comparison !

Dave.

Offline Billyray

Did You Know.....
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 04:04:18 PM »
Dave,
Great info and pics on the LDI site.  I had not seen that yet.
I dont think that the car, in its present state, could take an "unflattering" shot.
Billyray.
Then - ball tearing 1962 Corvette.  Single.
Now - ball-less Honda Jazz.  Wife, kids, dogs.
http://www.tints.com.au