Author Topic: Convention 2006 Reflections........read your Hat  (Read 23203 times)

Offline ozvette

• Four Barrel
Re: Convention 2006 Reflections........read your Hat
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »
Originally posted by stingray
AS TO THE ANSWERS TO THE COMMENTS....

I ANSWERED THE COMMENTS TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHY THIS WAS DONE AND THAT WAS  DONE AT THE CONVENTION. I ASSUMED THAT YOU MAY HAVE WANTED ANSWERS TO THESE ISSUES OTHER WISE THER WAS NO REASON TO POST THE NEGATIVE SIDE OF THING UNLESS YOU WANTED ANSWERS. THAT'S THE WAY I LOOKED AT IT.

I was fine with all of your replies with exception of that snide little remark that you decided to slip in there.

I will say for a THIRD time, I had a great time, but there minor things I wanted to bring up. Not to blame anyone, just to give honest feedback, and as stated by others, it's a learning thing. No convention is perfect, but ignoring what others have to say mean that you will just do the same things again not knowing that people may not have liked a certain aspect the first time around.

Offline stingray

• Four Barrel
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »
A FINAL OF THE CAPS.

THE ART WORK WAS APPROVED BY COMMITTEE BECAUSE IT WAS PRINTED 100% CORRECT   ON  A TRIAL CAP., BUT IT WAS ALL THE OTHERS THAT WAS BOXED AND SHIPPED THAT WAS NOT 100%.

Offline jdunne

• Four Barrel
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
Having made the BIG mistake of innocently asking for feedback about the melbourne convention,i know that a public slagging competition isn't helpful.......but JOlinari has got the right idea,if you don't know about it,you can't do something about it......it didn't read like a personal flame but it seems to have been taken that way(judging by the response)....as a volunteer at melb,i know everything wasn't perfect and the food issues were amazing.....how anyone can seriously blame the organizers for apparently bad fish served by a commercial enterprise is beyond belief....but they did..... or how it was our fault that some of the attendees conducted themselves like pigs at the barbeque(by taking much more than even they could eat,then proceeded to throw it at each other)depriving others of any food is the organizers fault is hard to see...yet we were blamed for it...we made obvious mistakes accepting so many late registrations which caused major logistical problems...we didn't want to disappoint people who wanted to attend......to then have complaints about a bloody sausage is hard to take;but that is what happens.                                 Best to take the heat out of it and to give and take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism,if there were problems that you saw,what ideas for improvement do you have?......just my 2c worth.....john;40;40;40:luv:luv:luv

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 01:01:41 PM »
Originally posted by jdunne
Having made the BIG mistake of innocently asking for feedback about the melbourne convention,i know that a public slagging competition isn't helpful.......but JOlinari has got the right idea,if you don't know about it,you can't do something about it......it didn't read like a personal flame but it seems to have been taken that way(judging by the response)....as a volunteer at melb,i know everything wasn't perfect and the food issues were amazing.....how anyone can seriusly blame the organizers for apparently bad fish served by a commercial enterprise is beyond belief....but they did.....how it was our fault that some of the attendees conducted themselves like pigs at the barbeque(by taking much more than even they could eat,then proceeded to throw it at each other)depriving others of any food is the organizers fault is hard to see...yet we were blamed for it...we made obvious mistakes accepting so many late registrations which caused major logistical problems...we didn't want to disappoint people who wanted to attend......to then have complaints about a bloody sausage is hard to take;but that is what happens.                                 Best to take the heat out of it and to give and take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism,if there were problems that you saw,what ideas for improvement do you have?......just my 2c worth.....john;40;40;40:luv:luv:luv

TOTALLY AGREEING WITH YOU JDUNE...AT THE END OF THE DAY LET US NOT FORGET THAT THE ORGANISERS WERE NOT GETTING PAID FOR THEIR WORK AND YOU COULD SAY THAT THEY WENT BEYOND THEIR JOB DESCRIPTION TO ORGANISE THIS EVENT!  

ALL MY CREDIT TO THE COMMITEE EXCEPT ONE PERSON WHO IN MY OPINION DAMAGED THE IMAGE AND REPUTATION OF THE CLUB IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AND I QUOTE THE FOLLOWING BY: CATHERINE THE GREAT "I praise loudly. I blame softly." (Catherine the Great, 1729-1796.)

Offline stingray

• Four Barrel
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 01:07:07 PM »
IN REPLY TO FEEDBACK,

IF I WAS WONDERING WHY SUCH AS THE WHITE BOARD WAS NOT PUT IN THE FOYER, AND  I GOT AN ANSWER BACK, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

ALSO THERE WAS A REASON FOR USING THE GRASSED AREA BY THE LAKE AND NOT THE OVERNIGHT CAR PARK

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 01:13:12 PM »
Originally posted by stingray
IN REPLY TO FEEDBACK,

IF I WAS WONDERING WHY SUCH AS THE WHITE BOARD WAS NOT PUT IN THE FOYER, AND  I GOT AN ANSWER BACK, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

ALSO THERE WAS A REASON FOR USING THE GRASSED AREA BY THE LAKE AND NOT THE OVERNIGHT CAR PARK

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY IN REGARDS TO THE GRASSED AREA BY THE LAKE....HOWEVER AS I HAVE QUOTED PREVIOUSLY ...." am sure that there is a good REASON why it was held on that big oval." REGARDLESS I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT EVENT...;46 I AM MOVING ON

Offline MrPersistent

• Four Barrel
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 02:25:59 PM »
i totaly agree to your coments joe i had a great time made more friends looking foreward to the whingers post as to the white board when questions were ask to committee members as to what time things were on the reply was look at the notice board to hard to give a time

Miss Daisy[/size]

Offline hot 70

• Two Barrel
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 05:28:46 PM »
I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT ALL  THE COMPLAINANTS  POSTED   ON THIS "REFLECTIONS POSTS"  BE GOOD ENOUGH TO REGISTER PRIOR TO THE NEXT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THEIR INTENTIONS TO  BE PARTICIPANTS  ON THE CLUB'S COMMITEE  & EXPERIENCE  THE DIFFICULTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORGANISING & RESPOSIBILITY THAT GOES WITH THE POSITION & THEREFORE HAVE FIRST HAND  kNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IT ENTAILS  & MAKE AS MANY RIGHT DESCISIONS IN RETROSPECT
still looking

Offline ozvette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »
Just for a few moments, I'm going to take a different attitude to this thread (this is NOT how I think, but I think this is worth bringing up)

Every single person PAID for the event, and therefore, they are your clients. If you want to have repeat clients, you don't tell them that their feedback and thoughts are not welcome. You listen to them, you take them on, and in the MINOR areas where you get the most feedback, you can do it even better next time.

Now that I have done that, I will go back into my own opinion.

I know how frustrating it is having people complain about how you do things, whilst they are not willing to atually do it themselves. I did three years of committee for Corvettes of Melbourne (please note, I do not speak on their behalf in this instance as I am just a member now), and we all have to listen to people complain about how we do everything yet never offer any suggestions about how to do thing better or offering to help us to do things so they can be better.
No one in this thread is really complaining per se or saying we could have done soooo much better, the response is majorly positive.

Feedback like this is NOT complaining, it's just feedback.

You can either get up in arms over people having an opinion, or you can think "We did a great job, but here's where we might be EVEN BETTER"

Your choice.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 06:07:11 PM »
Originally posted by hot 70
I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT ALL  THE COMPLAINANTS  POSTED   ON THIS "REFLECTIONS POSTS"  BE GOOD ENOUGH TO REGISTER PRIOR TO THE NEXT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THEIR INTENTIONS TO  BE PARTICIPANTS  ON THE CLUB'S COMMITEE  & EXPERIENCE  THE DIFFICULTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORGANISING & RESPOSIBILITY THAT GOES WITH THE POSITION & THEREFORE HAVE FIRST HAND  kNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IT ENTAILS  & MAKE AS MANY RIGHT DESCISIONS IN RETROSPECT

Le but de la discussion ne doit pas ĂȘtre la victoire, mais l'amĂ©lioration
J. JOUBERT

what does that mean? well i will do my best to translate it in English...."The goal of the discussion do not must be the victory, but the improvement

Offline hot 70

• Two Barrel
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 06:12:24 PM »
OZVETTE IN REFLECTION I WONDER IF YOU WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH TO CONFIDE  ON THE FORUM YOUR REASONS WHY YOU DID NOT CONTINUE IN YOUR COMMITTEE POSITION, YET STAYED AS A MEMBER IN YOUR CLUB
still looking

Offline hot 70

• Two Barrel
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 06:13:59 PM »
JOLINARI      PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES
still looking

Offline ozvette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 06:20:06 PM »
Actually, it was because I was sick of the responsibilities and of the people continually complaining.

I could have quite easily continued on the committee (the current pres did ask me to stay on), but I just wanted to sit back and enjoy the events instead of having to worry about the running of them for awhile.

I want to say, I brought up a few things in my first post, and they were quite well answered.  But the reason I am still bothering to respond, is that I was disappointed with the snide comment made towards me which basically set the tone that feedback is not welcome.

I am not trying to cause trouble, nor am I being agressive, I just wanted to talk about my weekend...

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »
JOLINARI      PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES

MATE I AM FAIR DINKUM MAN, SOMEONE WITH BIG HEART AND COURAGE AND NOT SCARED TO SAY ANYTHING AS LONG I BELIEVE IT IS RIGHT AND ETHICAL...

AND THE BEST THING OF ALL? I DONT REPRESENT ANYONE...I REPRESENT MYSELF...I AM NOT A MESSENGER TO ANYONE

BY THE WAY I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR PRESENCE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS ON THIS FORUM AS I HAVENT SEEN U  MORE OFTEN B4

;54

Offline hot 70

• Two Barrel
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 06:24:44 PM »
ALWAYS HAPPY TO OBLIGE
still looking

Offline hot 70

• Two Barrel
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »
OZVETTE I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR  ANSWER TO MY RESPONSE
still looking

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 06:27:31 PM »
ALWAYS HAPPY TO OBLIGE

GOD BLESS YOU (HE LISTENS TO THE GOOD PEOPLE)

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
ozvette we met on the weekend,your allright in my books mate,you tell it the way you want;34

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »
oz your a top bloke can't wait to catch up with u the next time

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »
OK EVERYONE, STOP SHOUTING! ;-) :23

I didn't even notice the cap - what a classic!  I'll still wear it!  ;laugh

I had a great time, show 'n shine was a bit boring for me but I saw some great cars I hadn't seen before (and a REALLY nice promo girl!) and the track day was AWESOME.  Shame I couldn't do the drags as well, but probably couldn't have fit it in anyway.  jdunne, I'm glad you kept your pants on! ;ay

The accommodation was fine and I didn't mind having the dinners in the same place as it gave me a chance to sit at a different table each night and talk to different people.  By the end they probably wondered who the drunk from Qld was!  ;42  I'd have liked undercover parking but it was no big deal (the weather was kind to us).

The only thing I would have liked to do was cut loose at Oran Park but I didn't make enough mistakes to do some circle work!  
;46;46;46

It was great catching up with you guys and meeting some new people.  You have a great club with great people so don't get too "over passionate" - keep the club stuff within the club.  ;53

Did I mention I thought the promo girl was REEEEAAALLY nice?!?!:24:24:24:24:24:24:24:24

;26:luv:luv:luv