Author Topic: Conventions 2006 Oran Park and Drags  (Read 18839 times)

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
Conventions 2006 Oran Park and Drags
« on: April 16, 2006, 11:38:58 PM »
:}:{:}:{

OK what happenede at Oran Park and the Drags, anyone blow up their car or any mishaps, who had the best times and who had the less best times.

;35;47;27

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Re: Conventions 2006 Oran Park and Drags
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:49:50 AM »
Reserved  old  son,  where  do  I  begin.I  hooked a  ride with  VO  and  went  to  the  drags,whata  blast  walking  onto  the  staging  area  at  the  creek  WSID  with  jeff  wilson,got a  chill  up  my  spine.dave  from  bendigo  in a  72  small  block  one  king  of  the  mountain  with a  11.86  pass  at  120  MPH  bocshvette  did a  12.0  which  was  a  real  blast  as  he  did  238  runs  LOL  trying  to  do a  12.0  .  VO  finally  got  his  dream  and  did a  12.71  but  was  in  boschvettes  car  but  it  still  stands  as  HIS  wheels  and  tyres  where  on  the  back  of  Pauls  car  heheheheheh.

Offline stingray

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:27:20 PM »
TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEIR NAME DOWN FOR THE DRAGS AND DIDN'T TURN UP YOU MISSED OUT ON A GREAT DAY. ONCE YOU HAVE A SQUIRT  DOWN THE STRIP YOU JUST KEEP GOING FOR MORE. YOU COULD HAVE AS MANY RUNS AS YOU LIKE THE MARSHALL JUST PUT A SMALL YELLOW MARK ON YOUR WINDSCREEN AS TO HOW MANY RUNS EACH CAR DOES.
 WITH THE ZRI HE RAN OUT OF ROOM ON THE FRONT WINDSCREEN AND I THINK HE HAD TO START ON THE REAR WINDOW. IT WAS JUST LIKE WONDERLAND "TO MUCH FUN TO HAVE IN ONE DAY"  I HOPE EVERY ONE ENJOYED THE 18TH CONVENTION. THANKS  ALAN DURES.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 02:57:15 PM »
Originally posted by johnny86convert
Reserved  old  son,  where  do  I  begin.I  hooked a  ride with  VO  and  went  to  the  drags,whata  blast  walking  onto  the  staging  area  at  the  creek  WSID  with  jeff  wilson,got a  chill  up  my  spine.dave  from  bendigo  in a  72  small  block  one  king  of  the  mountain  with a  11.86  pass  at  120  MPH  bocshvette  did a  12.0  which  was  a  real  blast  as  he  did  238  runs  LOL  trying  to  do a  12.0  .  VO  finally  got  his  dream  and  did a  12.71  but  was  in  boschvettes  car  but  it  still  stands  as  HIS  wheels  and  tyres  where  on  the  back  of  Pauls  car  heheheheheh.

The boys tried sooooooooooo hard! good n them and congratulations! as for te small block....what a beast!!!:spook

Offline SC

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 02:59:31 PM »
I have to agree with Gary about how fantastic the drags were, it was my first time there and the rush and tingles all over at the end of the 1/4 was all worth it. i wasn't keen in entering and very worried about my car ........not anymore as you only have to go as fast as you want to go.
The stress on the vehicle was minimal and the car has done higher top speeds on the street than at the drags
You could do as many  passes as you liked some did a lot and some only a few, the point here is keep in your comfort zone
I would recommend this event to anyone it was fantastic

Also dont forget to wish Boschvette a ;44 for today
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »
Happy birthday to BoscyBosh;35 well the 12.0 is a good present i guess

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 04:04:15 PM »
;44 50th birthday bosch ;41

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »
HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  BOSCHY,ARE  YOU  REALLY  12.00  YEARS  OLD  HEHEHEHEHEHEHE??????????

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 07:49:04 PM »
Well Reserved,

I have to admit it was one heck of a day at the drags... thanks to all those who participated (andrew, bosche, damien, andrew, steven, steven, bob & jenny and al those i didnt mention) and matee it was worth while attending.  congratulations to all those who broke their barriers and made it worth turning up....

I cannot wait till the next convention, because there is alot of barriers to be further broken (boschvette... i wanna see a 11sec run) and the rat pack...the pressure is now on.!!

One final word...." GO THE SMALL BLOCKS" ;48

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »
:x:x:x happy birthday boshvett ;35 well done on the 12sec pass you said thats what you would do the night before allso say ;33 to joe looking forward to seeing the 66 in queensland :x:x

Offline ozvette

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 09:38:37 PM »
Originally posted by stingray YOU COULD HAVE AS MANY RUNS AS YOU LIKE THE MARSHALL JUST PUT A SMALL YELLOW MARK ON YOUR WINDSCREEN AS TO HOW MANY RUNS EACH CAR DOES.

I did 17 runs on the day ;46

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:07:32 PM »
And if ya wanna see a couple of pics that sum up that day CLICK ME
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 11:43:49 PM »
;40;40;40

Plenty of feedback on the Drags wish I had been there, but what about Oran Park not 1 word on the Forum about this event how was it?

;ay;wtf;ay

Offline RHD.68.l89

• Four Barrel
    • www.invisiblecarbras.com.au
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:17 AM »
You want to know about Oran Park?
Ian Luff was very entertaining in his presentation before we got onto the track. informative as well. BTW, he drives a C1500 extra cab with BIG rims, about 22" I think.
30 cars were divided into 3 groups for the track exercises. they call them Super slalom, Hill climb and clover leaf but basically the events were very similar. A rolling start though the gate, round some witches hats and either a stop or rolling finish. you got three runs at each event, a practice and then 2 timed runs.
The instructor rode along with you to give guidance and time you. Absolute speed was not the criteria to win. The object was to be consistent and the difference between your 2 runs was your time, Smallest difference wins. To be consistent you needed to push it about 8/10ths, any faster and a lose was imminent as demonstrated by my second timed run on the hillclimb. The instructor is sitting next to me saying GO! GO!GO! so I tried that little bit harder and scored the trophy for the first spin of the day. (I seem to have to left that one in Sydney, could you mail it to me.) I did pretty well on the other events with splits of 0.02 and 0.04 seconds (good enough for first place C3:):):):)) and there were others doing similar splits as well. We had some free runs on the Super slalom after every one had done their timed runs so I hit it harder and improved my time by about 2 seconds but it was messy and would have been hard to duplicate

There were a couple of big loses, HT in his C5 with slicks came off through the end gates on the hillclimb ending on the grass and DP in in his autocross C4 did a similar thing. DP was fast on the "cloverleaf" cutting 14 seconds when everyone else was doing 18 but stuffed up his second run.

After we had finished the events we were led on a couple of parade laps and then let loose for free time on the track in groups of 10. passing was allowed. DP was V fast again and provided some entertainment on turn 1 when he came in too hot and lost it, lots of tyre smoke later he has heading in the right direction. I have pics. there was another lose on T1 with three cars in the vicinity, only pride was hurt though. I tried to hit T1 too fast and decided an exit down the run off was the smartest thing.
In the last session GW rode along with HT in the C5 and they had a big lose on the back of the track and ended up banging the wall. GW has some cracked ribs and HT has a bit of damage to repair, the car was trailered out of the circuit as it looked like there was rear suspension damage.
Luffy's team did a great job teaching and entertaining us. I was apprehensive about what we were actually going to do at Oran with all the cutting and changing of the driving events but I am very happy with what we got. Can't vote for everyone but it was the sort of driving I enjoy.
I would have liked to see only one venue for the driving events  so that everyone is together but that wasn't the case and I hope all the dragsters had as much fun as we did at Oran.;42

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 08:54:01 AM »
WELL WELL WELL
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY 12.0 @ 117MPH  GO THE MIGHTY 85
what a great weekend to meet the boys from the forum and to have most of them around at the drags on the sunday was orsom. to VO THANK YOU because without the drag radials the 12.0 would not have been possible.thanks to all the boys that helped with the wheel swaps.
  thanks to SC,jo ,peter,mick,ozvette,mj427,cam,madlt1,vo, dr,gary,bill, damo,harry and harry(cuss) and anyone else i missed it was great to meet all and finally put faces to names.
what a great weekend matt  and andy those rats just look and sound orsom great job they really are trick.
i had a blast
now let the bulls@#t begin.;43;laugh;laugh;laugh
 p.s thanks for the birthday wishes i had a great day
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline vette2bshaw

• Four Barrel
    • http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/vette2bshaw/
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 10:25:19 AM »
I wish I could have been there, And Boschvette congrats on your run, sounds like the small blocks did well, but wat happened to the big blocks where did they finish or is that a sore point.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 10:48:37 AM »
Originally posted by vette2bshaw
I wish I could have been there, And Boschvette congrats on your run, sounds like the small blocks did well, but wat happened to the big blocks where did they finish or is that a sore point.

one of the small blocks did very well 11.85 ;46

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 11:02:15 AM »
Not tryin to make excuses BUT MJ only finished his vette Friday of the Convention and wasnt even run in yet, I Have big Horsepower now - but a standard diff (til I can save up more money)! So I didnt want steel fragments up my a%@*. I also was struggle just to finish her!
BUT SR did an 11.9, so we still came 2nd!
The only reason the Mice did so well was because they knew there wasnt any pressure! Anyway we still had ATTITUDE, GO THE RATS!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Happy Birthday Boshvette! 12FLAT wooooohooooo!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 04:02:17 PM »
Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT
Not tryin to make excuses BUT MJ only finished his vette Friday of the Convention and wasnt even run in yet, I Have big Horsepower now - but a standard diff (til I can save up more money)! So I didnt want steel fragments up my a%@*. I also was struggle just to finish her!
BUT SR did an 11.9, so we still came 2nd!

More excuses... ;41

Once you get the diff I hope you start saying "I have standard brakes and have to wait until I buy some upgraded ones".  Standard brakes with 700 neddies will probably get ugly very fast 69DR. ;-) ;53

So... Does that mean SR is now in the Rat Pack? :22

3rd and 4th fastest cars on the day were also small blocks (and both 12.0's). ;41
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
Originally posted by BOSCHVETTE
WELL WELL WELL
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY 12.0 @ 117MPH  GO THE MIGHTY 85
what a great weekend to meet the boys from the forum and to have most of them around at the drags on the sunday was orsom. to VO THANK YOU because without the drag radials the 12.0 would not have been possible.thanks to all the boys that helped with the wheel swaps.

No worries BOSCH - anytime.
I'd also like to those folks who helped with the tyre changes - the help was definitely needed and appreciated. ;42

A big THANK YOU for trusting me for a drive down the quarter in the mighty 85.  That 12.7 was a piece of cake - I drove a sloppy pass and still got a 12 just by using the grunt of the car in between those sloppy shifts. ;46;41
I know if I got another pass in I would have gotten at least a 12.5-12.4. :22

Originally posted by BOSCHVETTE
 p.s thanks for the birthday wishes i had a great day

Best wishes for your birthday Bosch.  50 going on 14 isn't it? ;41
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"