Author Topic: NCRS  (Read 4874 times)

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
NCRS
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »
MOD NOTES:-  SPLIT FROM ORIGNAL THREAD ON "Test Run On Judgeing a Car". Cam

Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT
I think NCRS is a 'must have' fantastic institution! I enjoy seeing 'correct cars' just as much as uncorrect! But thats also why NCRS was started to see the best of the best and to learn about the intricasies of the corvette. BUT I think our club should be for enthusiests and I like the word "Standard" rather than "Original" as Cam states! It wouldnt make any difference to the judging. As it is now our judging isnt based on NCRS style judging anyway so why not adopt this way of thinking???.
 I think this could make a good topic on its own? What do you think?

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ANDY AND I LIKE TO STRESS ON THE FOLLOWING POINT:

JUDGES MUST HAVE A CONSISTENT KNOWLEDGE ON NCRS B4 JUDGING... NOT SAYING THAT THEY HAVE TO APPLY IT BUT IT WILL GIVE THEM CLEARER IMAGE OF THE WHOLE IMAGE.

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
NCRS
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:12:23 PM »
ok...............i have left it a week but i cannot wait any longer.
THE PAINT ..............................it is not even close to the original style/base/colour.
1.it is clear over base(originally it was a solid no clear coats)
2.this is clearly a metallic (it wasn't originally)
3.its colour has gold metallic in it (so it is far from original)

the paint work on this car looks of a really high quality but the problem is that most people think that a shiney paint job is a good paint job and that is far from the truth.
         the thing i laugh about is that cars have received best paint at shows i have been to in the past and the quality of the winning cars has been crap but it was shiney and fooled all the weekend experts.i dont both getting any of my cars judged at shows because;
 1.my car is not a show car
 2.i dont want to waste peoples time looking at a car that doesnt want to be judged(the overall quality is not there anyway)i have no interest in the detailing required.
 3. i dont believe that it would be fair for me to put a car in against others that dont have the same training in the field as i have had, so i rather help out others and see them get the rewards.
           there are alot better C4's out there than mine(tighter and better ride) yet if i put a little bit of chrome in the engine bay and a bit of a FART AND A TART UP i would win against them because mine was "flash" i think it is crap.
i bought a vette for style and grunt (not because it was period correct)

Andy you built your beast for your self not to a book of guide lines and that thing is orsom.that is the way it should be.
:o:o:o
cheers boschvette
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
NCRS
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 07:27:06 PM »
Originally posted by BOSCHVETTE
ok...............i have left it a week but i cannot wait any longer.
THE PAINT ..............................it is not even close to the original style/base/colour.
1.it is clear over base(originally it was a solid no clear coats)
2.this is clearly a metallic (it wasn't originally)
3.its colour has gold metallic in it (so it is far from original)

the paint work on this car looks of a really high quality but the problem is that most people think that a shiney paint job is a good paint job and that is far from the truth.
         the thing i laugh about is that cars have received best paint at shows i have been to in the past and the quality of the winning cars has been crap but it was shiney and fooled all the weekend experts.i dont both getting any of my cars judged at shows because;
 1.my car is not a show car
 2.i dont want to waste peoples time looking at a car that doesnt want to be judged(the overall quality is not there anyway)i have no interest in the detailing required.
 3. i dont believe that it would be fair for me to put a car in against others that dont have the same training in the field as i have had, so i rather help out others and see them get the rewards.
           there are alot better C4's out there than mine(tighter and better ride) yet if i put a little bit of chrome in the engine bay and a bit of a FART AND A TART UP i would win against them because mine was "flash" i think it is crap.
i bought a vette for style and grunt (not because it was period correct)

Andy you built your beast for your self not to a book of guide lines and that thing is orsom.that is the way it should be.
:o:o:o
cheers boschvette

hey mate
Your comment is highly appreciated, you have some great points here.

But you have to b aware that some people like originality and they have repect for other people's choice.
for those who likes originality does not mean that they critisize other vettes...;-)

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
NCRS
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »
no mate,i love the originals,all i am saying is we are all individuals and our cars should reflect what we want.
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
NCRS
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »
no mate,i love the originals,all i am saying is we are all individuals and our cars should reflect what we want.

All good mate!

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
NCRS
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 08:24:44 PM »
my piont to the above soap box section was that i get annoyed that the cars at a show eg.(NCRS, and i am only using them as an example because they have such a structured guide line) can be put under such a so called spot light to have all the correct bolts facing the right way and have a splash of paint hear and there because that is how it was in the factory but it can clearly fool people with no experience in the trade when it comes to true quality, i find that frustrating. that is why i dont do judging because i pick things that most people dont and you quickly upset people that cannot pick these things.
                           to the people that real enjoy showing there vette to this level i think that is great because you are using your vette for what you bought it for. i love all vettes so i am easy to please because a bad vette is still better than a great mustang.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
NCRS
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 12:44:53 AM »
my piont to the above soap box section was that i get annoyed that the cars at a show eg.(NCRS, and i am only using them as an example because they have such a structured guide line) can be put under such a so called spot light to have all the correct bolts facing the right way and have a splash of paint hear and there because that is how it was in the factory but it can clearly fool people with no experience in the trade when it comes to true quality, i find that frustrating. that is why i dont do judging because i pick things that most people dont and you quickly upset people that cannot pick these things.
                           to the people that real enjoy showing there vette to this level i think that is great because you are using your vette for what you bought it for. i love all vettes so i am easy to please because a bad vette is still better than a great mustang.

but hey u r an expert in ur field(paint) if u tell some1 something and u justify it to him and still takes it the wrong way...then he or she is simply ignorant

thats y i like ncrs ur car isnt judged againt another car it is simply judges against a manual....u could never offend any1

have a look at that pic...it isone of the cleanest C2 around and it was all sooooooo orginal but unfortunately the oaint job was not quiet the right one and the owner totaly understood it and took it the right way....

anyway my point is...if u justify ur actions(judging) to people they should take it the right way!

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
NCRS
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 01:51:33 AM »
Judging for NCRS is total different to judging "car show", I'm trying to make the point that in our club we shouldnt and dont judge like NCRS!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
NCRS
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 10:54:45 AM »
Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT
Judging for NCRS is total different to judging "car show", I'm trying to make the point that in our club we shouldnt and dont judge like NCRS!

THATS UNDERSTANDABLE ;34 NCRS IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THING

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
NCRS
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:24:49 AM »
thats right our club doesent and hasent judged to n.c.r.s standards,so whats the prob,there are 4 classes now and somebody has posted a picture of a yellow c3 and this has given everybody a chance to understand the clubs interpretation of what class a vehicle should lie...i dont find this post as a soap box but more as an education..a chance to learn...as far as n.c.r.s. goes it is out there and it is comeing to australia and it is going to get bigger....

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
NCRS
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 11:11:54 PM »
I agree with BoschVette,

We definatley are all individuals, and we have the same passion...vettes...

Lets not forget that.. ;27

I think the most important thing to remember is that its not about who has the biggest bank balance, itsa about enjoying a passion, with whatever you can afford.

Oh sure, money can help getting you the best vette in the country, but its more than that.

Its about mateship, being in a club with the right friends that make life a ball.

Lets enjoy our vettes.

Hooha...;35
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline The White Knight

• Four Barrel
    • www.amcca.com.au
NCRS
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »
The reason we chose to use the word standard as oppossed to origanal is because once a car has been converted to right hand drive this car can never be classed as an origanal factory car how can it, when you either do a mirror or chain drive or a rod to the brake conversion does this not change the engine bay configuration around to start with. Then can you tell me how many cars that would have orignal paint from the factory also how can you tell how genuine the mileage is because 82 & back all had 5 digit speedos so once a car reaches 99999 it will go back to zero.
 Also do think when corvettes came out in 53 people said lets not drive these because they will be worth a fortune someday. These cars were designed to be driven.
 So lets just stick to the word standard please & leave the word orignal to the people that think they have an orignal low mileage vette.
:D Garry

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
NCRS
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »
guys and  girls I'll  never  forget  our  late  mate  Barry  Hindmarsh's  words"  if  it  hasn;t  got  the  original  tyres  with  the  original  air  in  them  and  the  original  tank  of  gas  it  ain't  original  so  get  real"  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  no  one  ever  loved  vettes  more  than  our  baz,he  was a  real  funny  bugger  but  new  lots  and  lots  about  all  vettes;);)

Offline jdunne

• Four Barrel
NCRS
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »
N..ot C..orrectly R..estored S..tingray.....that's me.....i dont think i've got anything original(restored or otherwise) under my bonnet......except maybe the bonnet itself and the wiper motor......the oldest unrestored part of my car is ME.....john;41;41;41:o

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
NCRS
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:35:33 PM »
Hey  J.D.  you  still  comin  up, I  got a  borrow  of a lefty  86  convertible,so  if  ya  wanta   cruise  in a  C4  rather  than a  C3  your  more  than  welcome  mate.Just  wondering  cause  I  know  what  its  like  to  go  to a  convention  and  not  even  ride  in a  vette.I  met  big  john  and  his  mates  from  VIC  in  south  ozzie  one  year  and  they  had  petrat 67  big block  and  two  other  cars  and  they  drove  me a  my  mate  around  all  weekend,they  where  so  great  to  us.

Offline jdunne

• Four Barrel
NCRS
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 10:28:52 AM »
Definately coming,definately interested in that......jd;26;38