Author Topic: Under body cleaned and painted Latest pics  (Read 9763 times)

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
Under body cleaned and painted Latest pics
« on: April 01, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »
What a nice day to get wet, I gurnied and degreased and then painted under the car body. Thank crist for bobcats. Tomorrow I plan to put the body back onto the chassie.

Keep you posted

James

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 08:03:40 PM »
getting there dude!

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 08:14:13 PM »
nice pics.....:b2

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 09:08:23 PM »
Man I did that with my beast on my car hoist in my little factory unit.  [Body On]  

Stood there in my swimmers, face shield, ear plugs and went for it.  Took me three showers to get clean.

Well worth it.

Your not going to paint the body off then put it on???
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 09:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
Man I did that with my beast on my car hoist in my little factory unit.  [Body On]  

Stood there in my swimmers, face shield, ear plugs and went for it.  Took me three showers to get clean.

Well worth it.

Your not going to paint the body off then put it on???

No I want to aline the door gaps. using the new body rubbers and shims. I was worryed that painting it first then alining the body may stress the paint and crack it. So I want to aline everything first. then paint it.  What do you think?

James

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 09:23:49 PM »
Makes sense.

What colour are you painting under neath the car?  By that I mean the same or different as to the rest of the car?  Telling you now I wish I had done my underside first.  I did mine last, DOOHH!!, and had to mask all of the car and motor and exhaust, etc, etc.  I would at least paint the under side now before she goes back on.  I stone guarded under my beast.

Sorry just raed you post again.  You did paint it.  "Now Cameron see if you can get your foot out of your mouth and put a sock in it";30 LOL!!

www.xcz.com.au

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 11:35:17 PM »
Jp,

That picture looks scary

Obviously the bobcat wieghs alot more than the vette shell, but just thinking about the possibility, that the car may flip the bobcat and come crashing down is frightening.

Great pics and also with the gernie shot too.  

Keep em comming, its always nice to see work in progress.

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 11:43:10 PM »
dont let work cover see those pics :an

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 09:05:35 AM »
Originally posted by MJ427
dont let work cover see those pics :an

I thought of work cover, so before I lifted it to height I had my son stand in side. I have fliped it before. and the thought of the jib going through the body did worry me.
But its done now and all is good. The body is going back on to day.

Keep you posted
James

Offline vette2bshaw

• Four Barrel
    • http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/vette2bshaw/
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »
Just wanting to find out how these unfinshed projects are going ,seems a bit quiet .

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »
Originally posted by vette2bshaw
Just wanting to find out how these unfinshed projects are going ,seems a bit quiet .

Yes things have been a bit slow. I have been sand blasting parts, and painted my sons friend car (First time I have painted 2 pack), my other son has spone a bearing in his skyline, so they have had me of track. The doors head lights are now in primer and a lot of small parts are painted  and ready to go back on. The air con is converted and back in. I have repaired the body and it's ready for priming,however I ,was not happy with the fit of the front and rear bars, so that's were I'm up to at the moment. When I take my sons engine to be repaired I will be chacing him up on mine, A rebore, crank grind, bigger cam, heads rebuilt, and a possable low mount blower, still thinking about that, my oldest son can get his hands on one.

Some pics to wet your thurst, and keep me going.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 09:24:20 PM »
what colour will the shell be?

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 06:39:26 AM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
what colour will the shell be?

I'm thinking a dark, slight metalic blue, 2005 commodore colour.

Offline vette2bshaw

• Four Barrel
    • http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/vette2bshaw/
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »
I like blue,Is yours being done in 2pak and if so it makes your last spray job a good practice run.

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 12:11:35 PM »
I was hoping to spray it with 2 pack. The car that I have just done, yes I used it as a practice go. The only thing I was not happy with was some dust in the clear, I need to find a booth for hire or turn my house garages into one,( the wife might have something to say about that.) as the car I did was done under the shed carport, in the open.

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 10:08:15 PM »
Your at Camden.  Hmmmm.  I can talk to my spray painter at Ingleburn about you using his booth after hours if ya interested.  Let me know

Cam

www.xcz.com.au

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 12:14:42 PM »
Your at Camden.  Hmmmm.  I can talk to my spray painter at Ingleburn about you using his booth after hours if ya interested.  Let me know

Cam

Absolutely, have you got a number for him? I dont mind him painting it, if the price is right. I had one quote, I  have to do all prep work, they roll it into the booth and JUST SPRAY IT nothing else and they wanted between $3000 & $4000 I dont mine paying but I,m not going to be riped off.

Thanks
 James

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 08:16:29 PM »
Originally posted by JP

Absolutely, have you got a number for him? I dont mind him painting it, if the price is right. I had one quote, I  have to do all prep work, they roll it into the booth and JUST SPRAY IT nothing else and they wanted between $3000 & $4000 I dont mine paying but I,m not going to be riped off.

Thanks
 James

I spoke to him today.  If you want to rent the booth it will cost you $300 cash.

As far as him spraying it.  Well I know him well and he wont touch it if you do the prep work.  The reason being that he has been stung before by people doing all the prep work and him just spraying it and then had the people winge that the job was not up to scratch.  As we all know a good paint job is 90% in the prep work.  Not saying that your prep work would be no good but he just has a blanket view point on this matter.

He charged me about $6000 cash to do my Vette body after I stripped off all the add on pits.  That included him stripping all the paint back to glass, smoothing out any glass bumps and valleys, etc, etc and the final spray up.

Is the body on the chassis or would it just be the body on a trolly?

Cam

www.xcz.com.au

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 08:43:50 PM »
Originally posted by JP

Thanks
 James

I spoke to him today.  If you want to rent the booth it will cost you $300 cash.

As far as him spraying it.  Well I know him well and he wont touch it if you do the prep work.  The reason being that he has been stung before by people doing all the prep work and him just spraying it and then had the people winge that the job was not up to scratch.  As we all know a good paint job is 90% in the prep work.  Not saying that your prep work would be no good but he just has a blanket view point on this matter.

He charged me about $6000 cash to do my Vette body after I stripped off all the add on pits.  That included him stripping all the paint back to glass, smoothing out any glass bumps and valleys, etc, etc and the final spray up.

Is the body on the chassis or would it just be the body on a trolly?

Cam

The body is back on the chassis and bolted down. $300 is a fair price, and cash it's the only way to do good business.
Thanks for that, when I'm ready I will give you a call to get his number and introduce me.

Thanks again
James

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »
No problem.  Oh, and it will have to be on a Sat.

Cam

www.xcz.com.au