Author Topic: Back on it's wheels, latest pics  (Read 7846 times)

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
Back on it's wheels, latest pics
« on: March 25, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
It's back on it's wheels. New rubbers, bushes, bearings, seals, even new split pins and grease nipples.

The motor has been stripped, and in the process at the moment of being checked for wear, regardless new cam, bearings, rings are a must.

The gearbox is next on the hit list.

The body has been started on rubbing it back, not a lot of repairs required with the body, doors are striped and ready for sandblasting the inside surface.

Keep you posted. The motor should be next, or maybe the body will be back on. Which ever comes first.

JP

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »
major operation there jp....what colour?....who is going to paint it?...what is your time frame for completion?...side pipes or duals?....good stuff....good luck.....:bold

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 05:52:38 PM »
Looking good.  Are you going stock or modified in the power plant?
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »
Always good to seeing it get done right !!!

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 09:00:03 PM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
major operation there jp....what colour?....who is going to paint it?...what is your time frame for completion?...side pipes or duals?....good stuff....good luck.....:bold

I was thinking of a dark metalic blue  and I want it finished towards the end of the year. I will be using the dual exhaust to start with and side pipes will definatly be on it soon after rego. As for who is going to paint it, my oldest son has lots of contacts. He is Campbelltown Nissans head machanic so I have put the engine in his hands and limited him to a budget other wise christ only knows what I would get back. He has a nissan silvia putting out over 300 kw. it's a weapon. So I have told him I want it reliable with a little work done.

Regards
James

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 09:09:23 PM »
Originally posted by mick
Always good to seeing it get done right !!!

Yes it is, It feals great too doing it yourself. This is the second Vet I have restored the last one was a 74. I always regreted not taking the body off.

I have been watching your progress Mick, You have got to be on top of the world. it looks great.

There doesn't seam to be many people posting their restorations progress. Just a couple of us, you Cameron and me, and your now finished (lucky bugger) I can't wait to go for a drive.

Regards
James

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »
Hey James,
                  If you can get to Panthers in Easter when you see my car come and say g'day and i'll take ya for one....

Mick

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »
Also I have a colour code book with swatches of all standard colours from 68 - 72 if you want me to bring it along at Easter let me know. If you wanna do a standard Vette colour that is ???

:v

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 10:21:27 PM »
Originally posted by mick
Hey James,
                  If you can get to Panthers in Easter when you see my car come and say g'day and i'll take ya for one....

Mick

I only live 20 miniutes from Panthers, but I'm going to the Enterance for Easter, I might make a trip back for the day, yes I think I will. As the car is in bits i have not worryed to much about shows and things. What day would be best to see everyone?

Regards
James

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »
good work dude!

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 08:53:54 AM »
hi james....hope to see you there at panthers as well...the best day would be the show and shine on the saturday as every one will be at the same place.......allso you say your son has a 300kw nissan...be carefull he may throw away that beautifull chevy and give you a twin turbo godzilla nissan...oh the pain oh the pain hehehe3hehehe

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 11:29:35 AM »
Yes I have told the wife that i'm coming back to panthers for the day, so she is going shopping with the daughter. That will cost me. See you there.

James

Offline vette2bshaw

• Four Barrel
    • http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/vette2bshaw/
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 08:30:08 PM »
As In Micks finished post ,of body restoration is the way to go,I have the skill but not the time or money envy you both .come on loto.;42

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 08:00:14 AM »
Should be a great day on Saturday   ;28