Author Topic: Update on the Beast and Pics  (Read 7896 times)

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
Update on the Beast and Pics
« on: February 20, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »
Well guys I got my interior panels back. I had them recoloured as a temp fix until the leather goes on. Only cost me $200. The leather and carpet is going to cost me $10,000 for ALL of the interior redone, supplied and fitted. This includes heat and sound insulation, seats, dash, roof, carpet, doors, etc, etc.

The story is, I fit all the interior in. My leather man then checks all the fits, orders the leather, insulation, etc, and then the whole interior comes out again to be stripped of the vinyl, any alterations done and recovered.

Here are some pics. Now you will notice a colour difference in a couple of the shots. Dummy here forgot to set the white balance on the camera on a couple of the pics before he started.  ;30

Incorrect white balance

Correct white balance

Incorrect white balance

Correct white balance

And this shot hopefully shows the correct color next to the car.  Should be a good match.  Well in my taste anyway.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 03:29:39 PM »
love the colours combination!;)

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:44:26 PM »
looks great,i just completed a interior resto on my 71 it cost me about 1500 dollars though.10,000 seems a little exspensive who supplys you the parts out of interest?:luv:luv

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
looks great,i just completed a interior resto on my 71 it cost me about 1500 dollars though.10,000 seems a little exspensive who supplys you the parts out of interest?:luv:luv

who has done the carpet for ya Glenn?

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »
a fella at east maitland barry king,he has been in the trimming bussines about 40 years he tells me.retired now but likes to keep active by doing odd jobs from home.:}:}:}:}

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
off subject here i know...but is he accurate with some original colours? like red 72

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »
Cam,

The colour and the trim look terrific..  Cant wait to see it in the car... im so jealous.

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 07:02:06 PM »
Wow Cam $10,000 for a leather interior, sounds like it's going to be an awesome job.:v
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 07:39:24 PM »
joe,your car looks immaculate.i dont think yours needs any work?are you going to bella vista?:drink:drink

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 08:18:45 PM »
Originally posted by MADLT1

It's not the parts.  They are all my original parts.  It's the cost of the leather and the labour to do the custom work.  Every part bar one or two plastic moulds will be redone in high quality leather from floor to roof.  Seats are rebuilt as well.  Take the dash pads.  They will be stripped back to bare blanks and then the leather has to be scalloped thin to ensure correct fitting of gauges and centre console.

The tops are having the pads removed and custom made leather liners put in.

All the floor and firewall insulation and carpet is anything but standard.

So it's mainly the labour for the custom work and the cost of the leather itself.  $10,000 is the top end allowing for trouble.  If all goes well I will get out of it for $7000.  I always allow for the worst when budgeting.  Plus I might by new door trims.

www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 08:21:48 PM »
mmm cant wait cam to see it! wen will it b ready mate?

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »
I want to unvale it at the convention. Perfection takes time.  What I ask for takes forever. LOL!!

www.xcz.com.au

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 07:24:23 AM »
coming along nicely Cam good work
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 07:45:48 AM »
Hey Cam,....

I would like to come over and have a peek a boo at the best next time your free on a saturday..

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 09:52:21 AM »
You wont have the leather done by the conv. though??? will you? I hope so! If MJ can hold off also then we can unveil 3 vettes at once?

I've been talked into unveiling mine at the convention also? But dont know if I can wait that long??? The only problem with mine will be that I wont have the heavy duty diff yet, so I wont be pushing mine too hard at the drags.....I know people wont understand but I'm not going to ruin over a years work! BUT I'm thinkin about putting my old tyres on to see if I can do a burnout from one end of the track to the 1/4!!!!! I dont think that will hurt the car cause I will have no traction.
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 10:45:16 AM »
Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT
You wont have the leather done by the conv. though??? will you? I hope so! If MJ can hold off also then we can unveil 3 vettes at once?

I've been talked into unveiling mine at the convention also? But dont know if I can wait that long??? The only problem with mine will be that I wont have the heavy duty diff yet, so I wont be pushing mine too hard at the drags.....I know people wont understand but I'm not going to ruin over a years work! BUT I'm thinkin about putting my old tyres on to see if I can do a burnout from one end of the track to the 1/4!!!!! I dont think that will hurt the car cause I will have no traction.

mmm like the ending of the 2002 DVD ANDY!!!!;41

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »
i just wanna drive

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 12:55:08 PM »
looks sweet cam

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »
Looking great hope you will be there for the convention, my car will be ready and ill be there. Looking forward to meeting new people.

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 07:25:38 PM »
Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT

Might have.  But thats why I recoloued it, just in case.

And Andy, remember it will be the diff doing all that wheel spin.  I think I would be putting a throttle stop in if I was you. LOL!!

www.xcz.com.au