Author Topic: Fuel Injection Upgrade on C3  (Read 10103 times)

Offline Ausrs

• Four Barrel
Fuel Injection Upgrade on C3
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 11:02:51 PM »
if you want to try the LT1 setup read this
http://sethirdgen.org/LT1.htm   ...alot more work to get it sorted

btw IF you choose to go the fuel injection route i could be interested in your carby and manifold ...
also i am not the seller of the tpi so i have no barrow to push :drink

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 07:11:15 AM »
it is a "no contest" for me the lt1 setup wins hands down, both are very very very easy to set up with the lt1 the easiest.
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
well i'm a power down low person myself, so maybe TPI sounds like the go. it also all sounds rather messy, having to grind bits and pieces here and there, so much to consider. maybe i buy the parts and pay someone else to put it on. or i could teach myself. and it would take me about a year :)

Offline 87Z51

• Four Barrel
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »
Not to cut anyone else of a deal but I have several TPI setups as well.

"i could teach myself. and it would take me about a year"
Anyone with basic mechanical skills can do the conversion.
So long as you are using factory  TPI components and not trying to do a mix and match it is virtually plug and play.
Would ultimately need someone to tune the chip to optimise your particular setup .

What you require is
TPI manifold complete.
TPI or late electronic dizzy (Vortec may work)
TPI engine wiring loom.
TPI ECM
Elec fuel pump.and return line to tank
Various factory sensors to send signal to ECM
The LTI requires the same parts , just different manifold.

Yes it will cost you $$$ but still consideribly cheaper than a off the shelf aftermarket kit from the US.

Offline Ausrs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 07:17:30 PM »
ohh i do know a person that has an 86 coil in cap dissy that could be for sale located in wollongong

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »
87Z51 - so you have some of those for sale also?
i do have a reasonable grasp of mechanics, it's just all the grinding and welding that i can't do :) I have rebuilt a nissan 6cyl engine before, as well as doing numerous gearboxes, brakes, water pump/ps pump etc etc. It'll take me a bit to get used to the 350, quite different to the 6cyl jap engines i'm used to. But if it is, as you say, a plug and play process then i don't see why i wouldn't be able to attack it. and it would probably be a case of accumulate the parts over a period of time (when my extra music work happens in a month), and then piece it all together over a period of time as it doesn't matter since it's not rego'd yet anyway :)
So i would get a standard ECU that would need to be flashed again to suit my particular setup?
and is that an inline fuel pump or in tank? i assume i'd be best to go overboard in terms of the rating on the fuel pump, just in case i ever decide to do crazy things to my engine that require more fuel to be fed to it.
How does the TPI setup then work with a supercharger? (if i am crazy enough to want to try that in the future). Again i'm used to fuel injection setups on zed cars where you would use a side mount supercharger like that off a 6cyl toyota, as opposed to a top mount. what do people think of the Eaton M90? just noticed they go for good prices... i imagine there still needs to be other brackets/plates and bits and pieces that i would need to get on top of that, of course. but just something i noticed....

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 02:17:59 PM »
eaton m90 supercharger is way way way to small for a 350 chev it would do nothing.
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline Mattrix

• Four Barrel
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 04:45:16 PM »
ah ok. no problem :)