Author Topic: Radiator Overflow Bottle Fitted  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
Radiator Overflow Bottle Fitted
« on: December 03, 2005, 10:13:02 PM »
As I mentioned in one of my earlier post, I needed an overflow bottle for the radiator.  I decided I was going to mount another Billet Specialities Bottle on the right hand inner guard, opposite the one on the left inner guard, to balance out the appearance of the engine bay.

Here it is

New Right hand unit

And to refresh you memory, The Left hand unit

A Billet Specialities Power Steering Bottle was used. The standard Billet Specialities over flow bottles were to long.

Another tube was fitted to the inside of the bottle to act as the over flow.  Fluid enters via the right hand tube through slots and if the level gets to high, exits the bottle and out the over flow pipe via the left had tube

Here you can see the screw on lid with anti surge baffle in place. The black steel screw holding the baffle in place will be replaced with a stainless steel one, since water will now be in the bottle and not power steering fluid

Again I had to make up a spacer so that the mounting bracket would sit flat on the inner guard.  This time I remembered to take some pictures during the makeing.

Here you can see the spacer on the bracket just after I took it off the inner guard once the resin had set.

Here you can clearly see the shape the resin has taken of the steps on the inner guard where the bracket is to be mounted

And the final product prior to sanding and painting. [Top View]

More pictures of the project to follow shortly as the back bumber is to be fitted and the beast first badge to be mounted in place.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 05:22:02 AM »
Spacer looks factory and the internal over flow certainly keeps it neat. Great job Cam:v
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:18:50 PM »
Thanks buddy.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline MJ427