Author Topic: Corvette Registration  (Read 8702 times)

Offline Slingray

• Two Barrel
Corvette Registration
« on: November 22, 2005, 09:00:17 PM »
Sorry for all the newbie posts guys, I've got another question for everyone. Im just wondering what is involved with registering a newly imported Corvette in NSW? I understand you need an Import Approval Letter from the government, just wondering what else is involved as far as compliance, registration, etc.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Scott.

Offline BrianVette

• Four Barrel
  • Treasurer
Corvette Registration
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:06:27 PM »
Based on what I did last year when I brought my C5 in had to have weighed at weighbridge then a blue slip ( took about half a day ) then all this plus import doc's and bill of sale to RTA to have registered, hope that is some help:bold:bold:}:bold

Offline Panther

• Four Barrel
  • Car: Custom C5
Corvette Registration
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:04:44 PM »
also depends on what year C3,C4,C5 etc

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
Corvette Registration
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:46:26 PM »
i am sure cosmicvette can help...she is good at that;39

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
Corvette Registration
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »
I am currently trying to register a 1973 ( sept 72 build), and the person issuing the blue slip wants an engineers report ($500), and the engineer wants a weighbridge certificate. I think if the car is built prior to Aug 72 an engineers certificate is not required. I do not know why BrianVette did not require an engineers certificate.I would be interested to fin out.  ;38:(;38

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Corvette Registration
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 05:13:14 PM »
Originally posted by reserved
I am currently trying to register a 1973 ( sept 72 build), and the person issuing the blue slip wants an engineers report ($500), and the engineer wants a weighbridge certificate. I think if the car is built prior to Aug 72 an engineers certificate is not required. I do not know why BrianVette did not require an engineers certificate.I would be interested to fin out.  ;38:(;38

go to another blue slip place. Are you in Sydney? I can reccommend a blue slip place that also does the weigh bridge (on the spot - they have the machine for it - its pretty cool). I am pretty sure you don't need an engineers report. (not 100% sure though)

have you read through this: (PDF - registration requirements for Left hand Drive vehicles in NSW) http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi40_rev1.pdf

As for what you need - its in the document.

To register your left-hand drive vehicle you will need to provide the following:

• Proof of identity (eg. current passport or current NSW drivers licence).
• Proof of acquisition (eg. current certificate of registration, bill of sale, etc.).
• Inspection report (‘blue slip’) from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station (AUVIS).
• Compulsory Third Party Insurance (“green slip”).
• Weighbridge certificate.

If your vehicle is a Personally Imported Vehicle, you must in addition, also supply:

• Evidence of Australian citizenship such as a passport or citizenship certificate. Migrants must provide proof
that they have been granted permanent resident status in Australia.
• All importation papers for the vehicle.
• A vehicle import approval from the Commonwealth Department of Transport and Regional Services.

(let me know if you want the name of the blue slip place I got my 70 done at ;) )

Im late for class!!!!

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Corvette Registration
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:16:41 PM »
hmm.....just read this:

The New South Wales Motor Traffic Regulations require a motor vehicle (except a tractor or implement)
FIRST registered on or after 1st August 1972 to be fitted with a compliance plate.

- from this article: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi07.pdf

(sorry gotta get to class - hopefully someone else can shed some light on the subject)

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
Corvette Registration
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 10:47:44 PM »
Slingray, i bought my car from interstate and did exactely what Brian did with his..

One word of advise, the guy at the RTA advised me that they are getting more tuffer and are on occassions requesting cars that are issued with blue slips to be checked in their own premises.

Theyre doing random checks and its computer done... so even if you get all the neccessary paper work together and head off to the RTA...you might not get the registration on the day...

Then again, they might even one day call you up (RTA) and even request you take the car in for random check after you get the papers... ask Bob Lynn... he had to go through that..

OKAY...

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Corvette Registration
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 12:11:54 AM »
Originally posted by 69VETTE
Slingray, i bought my car from interstate and did exactely what Brian did with his..

One word of advise, the guy at the RTA advised me that they are getting more tuffer and are on occassions requesting cars that are issued with blue slips to be checked in their own premises.

Theyre doing random checks and its computer done... so even if you get all the neccessary paper work together and head off to the RTA...you might not get the registration on the day...

Then again, they might even one day call you up (RTA) and even request you take the car in for random check after you get the papers... ask Bob Lynn... he had to go through that..

OKAY...

M;36

Is that for real????

Theres alot of BS out there thats all.
The first guy I went to with my vette to get a blue slip was a real fool, and wanted to make it extremely difficult.......which shouldn't have been the case cause I had all the necessary stuff......but he was stuck with his idiosyncracy's.....anyway, didn't have one issue with the next guy I took it to.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
Corvette Registration
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 01:00:33 AM »
thats y i reckon it is always better to buy something here and pay extra $ and avoid the hassles uness u have plenty of time...

Offline 87Z51

• Four Barrel
Corvette Registration
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 07:10:30 PM »
"One word of advise, the guy at the RTA advised me that they are getting more tuffer and are on occassions requesting cars that are issued with blue slips to be checked in their own premises."

Everybody knows someone that will do a pink slip , no questions asked and the same applies to the blue.
It still comes back to the guy signing the paperwork but if there are no check backs then he has got away with a quicky and there is a potentially unsafe car on the road

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
Corvette Registration
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 10:55:50 PM »
2 much bullsh#tt...RTA another way of making money!!!