Author Topic:  (Read 4371 times)

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
(No subject)
« on: November 14, 2002, 12:02:10 AM »
Whoa there big fella, lay down your arms, we all understand Corvettes can be frustrating at times but we don't hold their American heritage against them ....

Firstly, wherever you submit a post on his forum, it will be noticed by all forum members, service mechanics or not. The "Today's Posts" menu item on the header bar scans all folders on the forum and returns a list. The count bar to the right indicates how many have viewed your post. Although some questions do require research which takes time, nothing on this forum is in the "too hard" basket and you will get an appropriate response.

Secondly, the lights are accesible from underneath the rear of the vehicle. It's not an easy job and will require a high jack or a hoist - if you're nice to your service mechanic he may assist you ...  

Thirdly, Corvettes can be frustrating but we feel they are worth it. Of course they're not for every one though ... now a Toyota Camry, with parts more readily available, may be more appropriate for those with a lower stress tolerance .... :P:cool:

God bless America .... :22

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 09:31:06 AM »
Shoulda bought a C3!  :P  (sorry, couldn't help it ;) )

Name me a sports car that is not a pain to work on at some point.

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 11:02:49 AM »
Originally posted by vettetech
Come On ! - I was told this was the best place to get help for cars.

Although I did post my original enquiry on the Tech Tips page, which for most of you would be the "too Hard Basket" - something that the local service mechanic reads not yourself.

Gee, thanks for the compliment... :)FWIW, many of the folk who "hang out" in the tech tips are not mechanics but people who have learnt on their own cars through experience.

Whether you can access the lights from underneath will depend on the size of your arms and mufflers.  If you can access the lights from underneath you won't need a hoist though, lying on your back at the rear of the car  should be fine (take appropriate precautions though).

If you don't like removing your tailights, wait till you have to replace a heater core or remove your 4+3 gearbox (if you have one). :)

You have to realise that as frustrating as this problem might be to you, maybe you hadn't received a reply because nobody had read it to answer it yet.  Most of the active participants here in my observation (ie: people who reply/write threads instead of reading them only) are C3 owners (68-82 models).

Speaking for myself, I have only had the opportunity to get on this forum once every few days in the last few weeks, if other members are in similar situations you may not be able to get an immediate response here all the time, bear with us though as there is a pretty strong base of knowledge here in my opinion.

Good luck with the tail lights, if you have any further drama getting them out post it here or send me a U2U message.
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"