Author Topic: Information on left to right hand conversion required.  (Read 6973 times)

Offline 78anavet

Information on left to right hand conversion required.
« on: October 28, 2002, 01:15:06 PM »
My steering box is leaking so I need help in deciding what to do, IE. replace or get rebuilt. I believe all the conversions use Totota Cressida parts?, does any one know the details and any recomendations which way to go. I would also like some names of any trustworthy mechanics ( Sydney Nth  West area) as I am not very good at fixing cars, thanks in advance.

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 02:14:40 PM »
They are usually a Cressida or a Falcon box.  The Falcon boxes are smaller but not as good, although cheaper to rebuild than the Cressida.  Nearly all use a Falcon pump though.

Shop around as rebuilding a Cressida box can vary from $300 to $800!  ;eek

Mine is lashed as far as it can go and still has play in it.  I may just spend $150 from the wreckers and go that way.

Cheers

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 10:39:43 PM »
78anavet,

If you're still looking for someone good in your area (well just outside anyway), pop in and see Col Harrison. Col's a member of our club, owns an award winning C2 himself, is priced extremely reasonably and is a mighty nice guy.

He's located at 924 Victoria Rd, West Ryde. Follow the M2 signs from North Sydney.

:)

Thanx ...