Author Topic: Any th700 guru's out there?  (Read 4238 times)

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
Any th700 guru's out there?
« on: September 25, 2005, 07:23:42 PM »
I've just installed a Transgo shift kit in my th700 ('85) and now have a few problems.  :b2  I have no first gear and it wont shift into 3rd unless I put it into OD (either that or it goes straight to 4th). I swear I triple checked everything and even watched the video 5-10 times.

Basicaly this is what I did:
-installed green spring into the PR valve (valve pushed up into the second snap ring groove. I also ground off the second "land" flush as per instructions. I also had a "b" sized boost valve which was ok to use.
-blocked hole B in the VBody
-drilled the hole through the partition & in the 3-2 valve drilled the hole through the passage and the other 1/2 way
-put the brown spring, spacer plate, long spring and shim into the TV valve
-brown spring in the 2nd accumulator valve
-red spring in the line bias valve
-white spring and new valve (supplied) i the 3-2 valve (where the 2 hole were drilled)
-3 check balls in VB
-I left the 3-4 valve alone as it said change if 3.73 or deeper ratio
-plugged and enlarged the appropriate holes in the seperator plate (I made the 2nd gear shift hole (b) .093 as suggested for a firm shift)
-4 checkballs in sep plate
-plugged accumulator housing hole and 2 others in VB
-I had 2 sized accum springs (a short stiff and long softer spring) and put the small one above the sep plate
-reset the tv cable

I put it all together and .....not good! I had a small and a large checkball left over and found out the large one was for the TV (the other the hole was plugged in the sep plate)

I pulled it all apart (thank *** I put a drain plug in!) and installed the large c/ball and swapped the accum springs around (figuring the small stiff one made the 1-2 shift quicker).

Took it for a drive and same deal!  Nothing like the video showed!  

If anyone knows where I went wrong or can suggest something it would be extremely appreciated.  Some say I can't have reverse without having 1st but it bogs off the line and goes up to 60 mph so i assume it's in second.

Cheers

Offline TIPPA

• Four Barrel
Any th700 guru's out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:40:21 PM »
If you did everything as per their video and are certain you didn't overlook anything then i would contact Transgo themselves. You may not be the only one with a problem after installing their product so they may have heard it before and have a remedy. Whether their kit has a problem, their video misses a detail or you have made a common mistake surely the manufacturer would have a good idea of what went wrong ;27