Author Topic: Aftermarket Exhaust Systems  (Read 8376 times)

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
Aftermarket Exhaust Systems
« on: August 15, 2005, 04:29:10 AM »
I'm not sure what aftermarket exhaust systems are prefered, or available down here in God's country, but has anyone possibly installed an exhaust by the GHL Company, from Mesa, Arizona, USA??  I've just purchased one, and it's going on my C6 tomorrow (Mon.) If you did...any thoughts on their system?  See Attachment.

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 11:23:56 PM »
Hmmmm.  Not sure about this one.  Since we only have, what is guys?, two C6's down under, I don't think we can help you that much on that one.  I could be wrong.  The biggest problem we have down here is that exhaust from USA don't fit as we have to change our cars to Right Hand Drive, [correct me if I'm wrong here guys].  You know, the correct way.:22

[Post on a technical note usually get a better responce in the technical section.  In your case "Post 84"]
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 11:46:26 PM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
Hmmmm.  Not sure about this one.  Since we only have, what is guys?, two C6's down under, I don't think we can help you that much on that one.  I could be wrong.  The biggest problem we have down here is that exhaust from USA don't fir as we have to change our cars to Right Hand Drive.  You know, the correct way.:22

[Post on a technical note usually get a better responce in the technical section.  In your case "Post 84"]

Thanks for the tip on "Post 84," and the info. on "Right Hand Drive," I forgot that they allow you to drive on the "wrong side of the street" down here. J/K...  Just for conversation, the GHL Company makes exhaust systems for all brands of "enthusiast" cars...Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc. they are considered among the big four exhaust producers in the U.S. :22

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 11:51:18 PM »
69 Dirty Rat most likely knows of them.  He spent some time living over there.  They look sh-t hot.  Send us some pics when you get them fitted.  Before and after shots if possible.

www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 12:30:52 AM »
69 Dirty Rat most likely knows of them.  He spent some time living over there.  They look sh-t hot.  Send us some pics when you get them fitted.  Before and after shots if possible.

Here's a shot of a friends car, just after installation of the GHL exhaust system, for now...:mmm

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 12:34:50 AM »

Cameron,  Is it possible to put more than 1 Attachment in a post? If so, could you explain how, please? TIA

TRJ

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 07:52:13 PM »
Originally posted by TRJ

Cameron,  Is it possible to put more than 1 Attachment in a post? If so, could you explain how, please? TIA

TRJ

When posting your thread use the 4th button from the right and type in the http address when prompted.  Just repeat this for all the pictures.  Please make sure the pictures are not too big as they slow the system down for people on dial up....and our mice can't pedal fast enough to produce enough power:22  [I have sent you an e-mail that gives you step by step about posting video's.  It's the same procedure but using a different button.

VO or MJ, any comments here.  Did I miss anything?

www.xcz.com.au

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 05:19:11 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Chroooooome exhauuuust
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 05:41:55 PM »
i like chrome cam there is only 1 C6 so far down under havent heard of a 2nd 1 yet

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 01:46:26 AM »
Originally posted by 69 DIRTY RAT
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Chroooooome exhauuuust

Actually, highly polished T304 Stainless Steel, Rat.....Just for further information, they charge $1050.00 USD for this system, which includes a CF Forum discount of $100.00, and free shipping to your home. It weighs 47 pounds.  :22

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 04:48:43 AM »
"Before" and "After" shots of GHL exhaust install, you asked for, Cameron 77C3...:mmm    
The "Before" are 3" tips, and the "After" are 4".  :mmm

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 04:49:27 AM »
Originally posted by TRJ
"Before" and "After" shots of GHL exhaust install, you asked for Cameron 77C3...:mmm

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 08:43:52 AM »
Originally posted by TRJ
Originally posted by TRJ
"Before" and "After" shots of GHL exhaust install, you asked for Cameron 77C3...:mmm

"Another"

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v290/ThunderKiss/
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 09:32:20 AM »
That looks great.
If your camera has a video mode, how about a short clip so we can hear the exhaust?  You can upload the clip here.

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by Thunder Kiss
That looks great.
If your camera has a video mode, how about a short clip so we can hear the exhaust?  You can upload the clip here.

Thunder Kiss,  I don't have a "video mode" on my camera, but I'm trying to locate someone nearby that has.  I'll certainly post a clip if I can get it done.  Thanks for the kind words.:22

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 03:40:55 PM »
Hey thanks for the pics.  Looks good.  Now all you need to to is to get flames to come out of them. :{

www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 03:52:03 PM »
Hey thanks for the pics.  Looks good.  Now all you need to to is to get flames to come out of them. :{

Then I'd really have myself a hot car, wouldn't I !:mmm