Technical Tips > Radiators - Cooling

water pumps

(1/3) > >>

TIPPA:
With my new radiator, i now will be replacing my small block's water pump and wondering if anyone could recommend a brand/type.
 American Auto Parts sell the POWERMAX brand for around $75, and Repco sell GMB for around $220....
 An original one from Ecklers is US$60.
Fair price difference ;ay Can GMB be 4times better?
 For that kind of money are there performance/high flow ones available??
I know you get what you pay for, but i don't want to get ripped off either :22

TIPPA:
OK, a quick browse thru Eckler's web site and they have water pumps ranging from US$59 standard units to US$270 highflow polished ones.
I think the cast high flow for US$89 may be the go.

VET-005:
Unless your engine is worked a standard one will do the job fine. Its only when you have a motor which is getting reved really hard and RACED that you will need a high flow water pump.

TIPPA:
Yes i'm still debating over that VO.
 Rocket and American Autos both say only advantage of an alloy pump over cast iron is weight (but seriously how much...) and looks. The Edelbrock is a high flow but brings the price up from $60 to $300. Not worth it IMHO.
 But Ecklers say especially with C3s that their high flow cast one (41% increase flow and 40 degrees F reduction in temp depending on thermostat i assume) can't be a bad thing and for US$89 isn't a huge amount more$. And if i do work the engine it will be more benefitial then i guess.
Thanks for your opinions too VO. :}

GAS.455:
Wouldn't Auto pro or what ever have a water pump for a Chev engine???
After all how many Chevs are there in Australia???

Just a thought...I may be wrong......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version