Technical Tips > Radiators - Cooling

Technical on Heat , Oil, Operating Temps

(1/2) > >>

Cameron 77C3:
Found this and thought it was a good read if your interested in the tech side of things. There are also some good links in the site if you click on the numerous REF in the post of C5D

CLICK HERE

69 DIRTY RAT:
I dont like the bit about - "Running an engine at 180F for about one hour, is hot enough to boil off the normal condensation". ....so for about an hour its ruining your engine?

TIPPA:
Okaaay... I don't think that guy flips burgers for a living...;laugh 69DR I doubt the "condensation" picked up and held in the oil would be wearing your engine for an hour nearly as much as the first 5 mins of warm-up.
Seriously, if you pull the dipstick during warm-up or within that hour there would be so little water in your oil of course you wouldn't notice it. And oils these days are pretty advanced  so i'm certainly not stressing about it!:b2

Vette Obsessed:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by TIPPA
Okaaay... I don't think that guy flips burgers for a living...;laugh 69DR I doubt the "condensation" picked up and held in the oil would be wearing your engine for an hour nearly as much as the first 5 mins of warm-up.
Seriously, if you pull the dipstick during warm-up or within that hour there would be so little water in your oil of course you wouldn't notice it. And oils these days are pretty advanced  so i'm certainly not stressing about it!:b2
--- End quote ---

Jethro:
very interesting....
So if I have a 88 and it runs that runs at 194 to 199 is that a good thing? because until I read this article I was going to fit a 180 degree thermostat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version