Restoration & Modification Projects > Modification Projects

Brakes. Need new calipers or rebuilds

(1/5) > >>

Cameron 77C3:
Hi guys.  As I suspected, when I hooked up the new brake system the old callipers started to weep.

So what do you guys recommended?.  I can either get the old ones rebuilt.  Any suggestions on who to do the work? OR
Buy new callipers.  I Like the idea of stainless pistons etc.  You know, some high quality/performance gear.

Any serious input here would be greatly appreciated.

TIPPA:
I had my fronts rebuilt thru Classic Chev. their guy machines them and fits stainless sleeves, as most brake shops can do, but also loctites the sleeves in and when assembled, and then pressure tests them to ensure there is no weeping between the casting and the sleeve. good peace of mind IMHO. Pretty expensive though... think i paid around $800...:b4

TIPPA:
Forgot to add for that $ were new seals of course and, due to pitting corrosion, all new pistons. Like i said, prob not the cheapest but peace of mind none the less.:b2

Cameron 77C3:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by TIPPA
Forgot to add for that $ were new seals of course and, due to pitting corrosion, all new pistons. Like i said, prob not the cheapest but peace of mind none the less.:b2
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking of these.CLICK HERE for article on "Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation's " Aluminium brake calipers.  

Expensive litte suckers.  About RRP of 1500 US Dollars for all four wheels, 2 kits.  I'm waiting on a reply from them to see if they have an agent in Australia. [kit includes all that is shown in the picture]

This is the type of thing I'm after.

Having said that.  How long ago did you get yours done and did you have any trouble bleeding them.  [You know the old problem of air being sucked back in past the seals]

mick:
Try these guys Cam,
                                 I found them on the net of few weeks ago and got a catalogue sent to me looked pretty high quality.

www.VBandP.com

Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version