Author Topic: Please help !!  (Read 7468 times)

Offline vettelover2

Please help !!
« on: April 12, 2005, 03:58:12 PM »
I Would first like to say Hi to every one on this forum and its great to finaily find a corvette forum that is in Australia .

I have a 87 corvette which i am nearly finished with the conversion , Unfortunately the rear bumper on the car is not in the best of shape . so i decided to change the bumper to an updated version with the square lights , now I have tried numerous places but no one seems to have the bumper with the thin mouldings .

Could anyone kindly suggest a place were i might have some luck .

BEST REGARDS

Marpi ;)

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v290/ThunderKiss/
Please help !!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:36:10 PM »
;32

Hi vettelover2, welcome to the forum.  I have the updated bumper fitted to my car but that's the way I bought it so I can't help you out with any specific info.

Have you tried ringing:
Vette Conection: 03 9776 4114
Corvette Clinic: 03 9467 7371
Corvette Performance: 07 5527 4234
Corvette QLD: 07 5482 7833
Otherwise, places like J & D Corvette in the USA should have them.  One of the local importers should be able to help you out with shipping.

Here is a pic of the bumper on my '86

Offline VET-005

• Four Barrel
Please help !!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 07:41:58 AM »
Hey Marpi,
Welcome aboard the vette train there is a guy i know in Victoria who makes the update kits for the C4. I bought my fenders and door moulds off him a while back and saved $800 when compared to what it would have cost me to bring them in from the states. The Guys phone number is 0418508568
He also makes the C5 kit to fit a C4. He is the only guy i know of who makes the parts here in Australia.
Regards,
VET-005
Click Images For My Gallery

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
Please help !!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:08 AM »
VET-005, I heard there was a guy in Ballarat, Vic. who makes fiberglass panels.  Is that the person you're talking about?

Offline VET-005

• Four Barrel
Please help !!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 12:30:55 PM »
Yeh i think that might be him when i bought my stuff he sent me an invoice with Ryan's glass written on it and it was in Ballarat.

Offline Thunder Kiss

• Four Barrel
Please help !!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »
Ah yes, Murray Ryan.  He has a glass/window business but also does Corvette trading (jap imports) and conversions.  He even used to convert C5s before the recent law changes.

Offline VET-005

• Four Barrel
Please help !!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »
Last time i spoke to him he was also wrecking some vetts so if any you guys out there need some bits give him a call he might be able to help you, i know he did the right thing by me.

Offline vettelover2

Please help !!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:15:56 PM »
Hi Guys

Thank you very much for all the information , i will be ringing up tomorrow morning .

VET-005
Thank you very much for the info , you have given me a light at the end of the tunnel , i have tried the others mentioned , unfortunately some are asking to much $$$.
And let me tell you the service in corvette Queensland is the worst by far having waited 3 weeks just for a price .

Thunder Kiss :
That read bumper is exacly what i am looking for and i must say your car looks awesome , i hope when mine is finished it will look as good as yours .

To everyone thank you again .

best regards

Marpi