Author Topic: C4 1987 and the Smell of Leaking Fuel.  (Read 8132 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: C4 1987 and the Smell of Leaking Fuel.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2023, 03:27:50 PM »
Well it just shows how old and decrepit I've become, as advised by Obe One, I visited HSA, two young petrol heads greeted me, they were very helpfull, untill the younger one picks up the small O'ring and said "that's not right" then peeled it apart, making two (2) identicle O'rings - like a Pic sent to me  by Bfit showing 4 or 5 small O'rings squashed together.(This really hit home how blind I've become)

Anyway - he tested correct size O'rings, once size confirmed, he ripped them off and promptly binned them, but but but, he advised these rubber type wont last 5 mins, I need Vitron or something which are fuel safe. BUT...... I will need to order in from Melb, a bag each of the two size ............ 25 to the bag. $60 later and now the proud owner of a heap of O'rings, but now I'm also starting to smile, I can nearly feel the rush of air in the 87's drivers seat.
Pick them up soon. Then I'll start to retune - that is after I repair my timing light. I just need a 2N6253 power transistor....

If you look at pic - there is a faint line which I thought was a mark made by compression over the years against a groove in the metal fitting - but not, it's actually the joint between the two O'rings.

🖕 Vettech.

Offline Kenobe

• Four Barrel
  • Mood: Depends on the wind !!
  • Car: C4 1985
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 07:26:57 AM »
 :pepper: Well at least HSA could get you out of the  :drag:
I am finding more and more these days that things come in bagged quantities rather than singular.
 :banana:
Living the young boys dream............finally driving a Vette

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »
Got the call, then picked up my Seals.
And I've installed the gland fiiting into the fuel rail, plus the cold start valve fuel feed pipe, all of 5 mins, switch on ignition and low an behold - no fuel leaks. Job done.

Now I'll have to get some aquariums to keep my 2 or 3 or 24 Seals in.

Thanks guys for your help - now that Sirfixalot has sowed the seeds - i'll next check the Fuel Pressure Reg.

🖕 Vettech.